z400 or 400ex

what would you recommend a z 400 or 400ex  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd go with the new EX. Looks better now that they've updated the plastics...I've also ridden a modded Z..not very impressed with it. Not that the EX could spank it, but if i'm gonna be slow, i wanna look good doing it... :cheers::D

put it this  way if doug gust is destroying the 450's in mx  w/ his z400  u should get the z

plus did u get the new edition  of dirt wheels  they had z400vs the 400 ex and the z400 spankied it in every aspect

322019[/snapback]

if you think doug gusts z400 is only 400 cc you are wrong. they have that engine built clear up to a 450 im sure. in fact its prolly more built up than most of the 450r and yfz450 it races against. i wouldnt be caught dead riding a 400ex. they are slow as shit and very underpowered even compared to the z400. i would bypass all these beginner toys and go with a 450, even if it is a honda...

The EX is just out classed anymore. Honda has neglected her almost as bad as Yamaha has neglected the mighty 'Shee over the years.

hey ledofthezep we joined the HQ site the same day, and the memeber numbers are almost identical.

If you are going to spend money on a new quad, buy a YFZ450 or a Honda 450R. The suzuki 400Z is better than the Honda 400, only because is faster. Consider that honda ATV's are very reliable.

I preffer the race ready YFZ450 or Honda 450R, but that is me.

Edited by richybanshee