better gain?

the issue of a cool head being cooler running is really up to you. if you use a factory dome size (cant remember if its 22 or 23) youll get better cooling. but as compression goes up with the smaller dome sizes so does your heat. so some if not all of your added cooling effects can or be negated when using a smaller dome size. i run 19's and dont have over heating problems in the dunes, so id go with the head.

maybe slip the reeds in for mothers day.

I think going with the reeds and getting better flow would be the best way to go. Put those carbs and pipes to better use. The only real benefit to the cool head is better heat dissapation with stock sized domes but lets face it stock sucks and you're wanting more performance. Running the smaller sized domes requires that you increase the octane so I think running premium pump gas with those new Vforce reeds would be your best choice. Save the coolhead for when she decides she can throw in on some race gas.

Youre probally right about the reeds making it feel faster, but if you guys are like me then you probally have better things to do then take carbs apart to rejet. I had to jet up 2 sizes for my V force. Something about taking the slides apart (springs, locking plate, and trying not bend the needles) just erks me the wrong way. That Noss can be done in about a half hour since it uses stock studs. Plus i can see if there is any shimmy in the pistons with the head off. Thanks for input fellas, my blue Noss head will be here Friday care of DLNOSS.

I'll post pictures when im done if anyone cares to see.