i need yer opinion

bansheelover

well guys , i was at the dealer today pickin up some pre-mix

i asked him what he thought about winter jetting and he said that on his and all of his buddies have around 270 mains and the clip in the middle of the needle. now i asked my buddy what hes runnin and he said he had 390's and it was runnin great

im runnin 320's for the summer temps of about 70 - 90 degress

so im assuming i should be runnin about 370's to 390's like my buddy

is my dealer full of shit ?!?!?!?!?!

Matt

In my experiences, dealers do not hesitate to give you a wrong answer.  They will give you a wrong answer rather than admiting that they do not know.  that bs pisses me off.

316169[/snapback]

lol! Its so true! When me and my brother have gone into the stealership in the past asking for jetting info some of them have tried to tell us that you have to jet down (a smaller jet size) for new mods, k&n, exhaust, etc... What a bunch of idiots some of them are!

dealerships are worthless...my brother had some shit happen with his 2004 engine when he first got it and we took it down there cuz it was under warranty, or so we thought and they said the whole engine was fucked. all it needed was a top end rebuild cuz the shitty stock pistons broke apart. fuckin morons. dont listen to your dealership...

Speaking of stealerships...I was talking to one of my friends yesterday. He was telling me about one of his friends who recently bought a shee. His friend bought a boost bottle, exhaust, reeds, and new jets. But....he is too damn lazy and afraid to work on the shee, so he is having the dealer install all of his new mods. They are charging him almost $200.00!!!! What a rip! I cant believe he is going to waste his money by paying the stealership. My friend tried to talk him out of it, telling him, we can do all of those mods in my garage for free!! He would not let him show him how to install them. I think if you own a shee and cant do simple mods (or arent willing to let someone to show you how) then you shouldnt own a shee!

Ok....I'll get off my soap box now :)

All my years of owning two strokes I have never resorted to the liarships. They only know how to sell and promise you everything to make that sale. Once the sale is made they pretty much loose interest in what you want including help and they do say any thing to make you feel better just so you get your ass out the door to make another sale. My opinion he problaby told you to jet that low so you blow the shee up and end up there for them to sell you parts lol.

All my years of owning two strokes I have never resorted to the liarships. They only know how to sell and promise you everything  to make that sale. Once the sale is made they pretty much loose interest in what you want including help and they do say any thing to make you feel better just so you get your ass out the door to make another sale. My opinion he problaby told you to jet that low so you blow the shee up and end up there for them to sell you parts lol.

320334[/snapback]

That is what I was thinking. Anything to keep the money rolling in. :shootself:

Maybe the dealer has bigger carbs, which if I'm not mistaken require smaller mains.

CORRECT me if I'm wrong, just my thoughts. I did ride with 320 mains, Alba needle 30 pilots in stock carbs, with FMF Gnarly pipes. I do know you have to go up in the mains if temp is very cold, but also altitudes has an effect on that.

I do accept that SOME, not ALL, dealers just want to sell the product.