-2 swinger or what?

sheeboy94

hey guys i have a 99 shee set up for mx, everything excrpt the swinger, i heard the -2 will help tremendously with traction, i am in need of traction BAd. I plan of regearing becuase i have 18 inch tires, and 13/43 gearing with the stock swingarm, so neddless to say i spin alot. So how do you think it will work with the stock gearing and the gearing i have now. I need to get up to speeds quick on the shee, cause i race on a mx track that is 1st through 4th gear against yfz's and 250rs.

thanks

hey guys i have a 99 shee set up for mx, everything excrpt the swinger, i heard the -2 will help tremendously with traction, i am in need of traction BAd.  I plan of regearing becuase i have 18 inch tires, and 13/43 gearing with the stock swingarm, so neddless to say i spin alot.  So how do you think it will work with the stock gearing and the gearing i have now.  I need to get up to speeds quick on the shee, cause i race on a mx track that is 1st through 4th gear against yfz's and 250rs.

thanks

315186[/snapback]

I have a trick -1 swinger with a round carrier and a Pivot Works install kit (worth $50) I'll sell for $300 shipped. I've never installed it, never been used, just recently PC'ed silver.

I'll see if I can find a pic.

pipes will pull a 15....im not real fond of the single carb trick, it never worked well on any of my shee's but that 13/43 is low as fuck, almost useless......... id climb hills geared twice that tall

315231[/snapback]

yea i dont know about the single carb either. i think the reason hes runin such low gearing is because he is prolly runnin pretty much stock engine in mx. thatd prolly be the same thing id do too. id prolly want to have a bigger range of lower gears to choose from. how often you gonna hit 6th on a mx track?? for hillclimbing i run high gearing. the higher i can pull the better.

A -2" swinger really puts the power to the ground. Really, anything shorter than stock is gonna get the job done. It all comes down to a trigonometry/physics type of thing. But, my ass tells me that the power gets to the ground with my -2" on the bike. Only time I don't like it is when I'm tryin to drag in the dunes. It just doesn't happen. BUT, EVERYWHERE else in the dunes, it works awesome!!!

A -2" swinger really puts the power to the ground.  Really, anything shorter than stock is gonna get the job done.  It all comes down to a trigonometry/physics type of thing.  But, my ass tells me that the power gets to the ground with my -2" on the bike.  Only time I don't like it is when I'm tryin to drag in the dunes.  It just doesn't happen.  BUT, EVERYWHERE else in the dunes, it works awesome!!!

315289[/snapback]

What he said.

Also, will low gears like that and 18" tires, you shift to much and you are barely in the power. It's amazing what that taller gearing will get you that blue was talking about. If you need a little more power to push the taller gearing, get some compression. For mx 180 - 210 psi isn't uncommon. Just need to run good race fuel if you go that high. I agree 100% you need taller gearing.

Definately a -2 swingarm and most likely taller gearing. Mx is a little different than most riding I've done. I like the tallest gear my shee can pull w/o losing powerband, but when I ran mx, I wish I had a little lower gearing to get some tire spin for the cornering..But I was running a 16/42 gear w/ 20" razors also....I'd think 16/41 gears or 15/41 would be perfect w/ 18" tires.. the shorter swingarm is a must though. It will not only change the traction, but also make your quad more balanced and feel lighter....night and day, handling is a lot better...no more front heavy, and easier to feel the power and lift the front end when you want to.

im with banchetta the lift you get from the -2 is crucial to fast times on a track, and those short gears just mean right when you start to hook your shifting and breaking traction again, short gears float on a 2 cycle, tall gears pull and accelerate, theres nothing like a second gear start then staying in third around the track......you could allways clock yourself with the 13/43, then do the same with a 15/41 and ill bet ya your times improve by 20% i rarelly use 6th even for open desert riding but my third and fourth gears pull so hard your eyes tear up, and fifth pulls you from 65mph to 80mph and doesnt stop pulling till you back off the throttle it scares you its pulling so hard a 13 in the dirt with some horsepower would float at high rpm making you shift to a higher gear or when you aproach an obstickle and punch it for lift have the front end stay planted and the ass end spin, thats a shitty way to negogiate whoops and ruff terain, theres a fine line on a 2 cycle between hooking and all hell breakin loose in the dirt................mr matt was cutting swing arms also i havent seen him post in months though.......