Pipes

whats better for mx  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PT's are sweet looking and a great pipe, I just feel the FMF are a more universal pipe.

I think the PT's are great pipes, but to really feel their potential you need to compliment them with a good port job, bigger carbs, and raised compression. It seems like you need a good amount of power to really benefit from PT's design. Compared to my old pipes (T5's) the PT's don't seem to work as efficient on a internally stock engine with stock carbs...as where my T5's ran awesome with no port job (yet <_< ) and stock carbs.

If you don't have port work or aren't going to get it done, I'd hold off on the PT's and go with the fatties, they seem to be a great all around pipe for any engine. But if you are running a ported engine, and have aftermarket carbs, the PT's would be a great pipe for you. So, my answer is based on what you have done to your shee :shrugani:

ask Banchetta about em if he still even checks in at all. :confused:

He swears by them though. All ive heard is good things about them. My opinion is that the fatties are a good pipe, but the paul turners are a great pipe so there you have it.

The PT's are a great pipe but I totally destroyed mine. If you ride some real rocky stuff id go with the fattys. where the PT's bend below the frame mine were so dented they hardly flowed air

yamaha-banshee-96-bikepics-281503.jpg

just my $0.02

stu

You don't need any mods w/ the PTR's. My original setup was w/ a head mod, +4 timing, and boysen petals and it was running perfect...The ptr will be a definate for banshee freestyle. The power is a lot more smoother, more predictable and a very nice throttle response. NO erractic hit, just hard pulling right from the bottom. Good luck and give us your oppinion when you switch over.