Wheelie in my driveway

iceman

I was at St. Joe State Park in Missouri today I pulled a wheelie on the shee in second and feathered the throttle for about 20 ft before I hit the power band. The grab bar drug and I bailed, but the bike turned and fell on my leg. I have a wicked-ass bruise on my calf and a broken clutch handle. It hurts likes a bitch. :wacko:

with the stock carbs i used to be able to wheelie in 1st 2nd and 3rd then drop in 4th

well when i switched to 28mm flatslides i did what i usually did gust hit the gas hard in 1st well that was the last time i did that :shootself:

i went stright up started grindin my new ac grab bar i was rollin like 5 mph thin i hit the curb and it turned on the right side i never lifted 410pounds that fast in my life :bolt:

now i just hit the gas in second and i avoid flippin :D

Edited by H250RHATER

• 10 months later...

learned to do wheelies the "Hail Mary" style as we call it with your right foot on the back grab bar and left foot on the shifter so you have no controle over your rear brakes i bit it once goin like 40 down the road but thats it i learned it in a parking lot at first i would start in second and not even make it out but now i can start from first and make it all the way to 6th if the rear tire pressure is the same on both side so it doesnt pull to one side

Edited by cane319

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Banshees are very tricky to wheelie. Your pipes make it even tougher. I have T5's so the high end hits hard when it hits. Guys with FMF's seem to be able to control it a little better. On a 4-stroke I can ride til I run out of room.

My buddy can ride past that. The guy is a wizard. He rides trails in wheelies, turning and all. We go to the Silver Lake dunes and we do a little stunt contest out in the flats. He'll be pulling no-handers, high-chairs, backwards, stalls, 12 o'clocks and walking them out. We both see how far across the hills we can ride wheelies. Neither of us can ride one controlled over hte first (steepest) hill but after than we can both run the entire distance unless we hit a ledge or something. I can do a few things on my Banshee but its to unpredictable. We stunt the 4-strokes all the time.

We've all had our share of spills trying to wheelie a Shee, I've never wrecked a 4-stroke stunting but this is what I did showing off on my Shee for some people.

th_c5e953f0.jpg

th_Bansheewreck7-30-05020.jpg

th_Bansheewreck7-30-05013.jpg

th_Bansheewreck7-30-05016.jpg

th_Bansheewreck7-30-05018.jpg

It really messed some stuff up. I 12 o'clocked a wheelie in 3rd or 4th (cant remember, it was fast) and fell off the back. My right foot got wedged in between the brake lever and the twist throttle and it pegged full. It dragged me about 40-50 feet through hard pack dirt and ditched me. It laid down on 4 wheels and took off like a bullet. My friend tried to catch it on his 400ex but that was never gonna happen. Especially without me on it. And what is he gonna do if he catches it? "Hey! Stop!" Probably not. Amazing how fast it is without a rider :bolt: . It hit a trail edge that had a burm build up and launched about 20' in the air, hit a tree and landed upside down. Ended up bending the lower A-arm, J-arm, rim, handle bars, brake lever, broke a tie rod, bent the shock and bent my T5 silencers. Rough show boating fellas

The NEXT DAY I bought a kill-switch tether. Would have saved me a lot of anguish if I'd done that earlier. The quad got a lot of need attetion during that wreck fix. As you can see some of the stuff was kinda botched. Oh...I was fine other than some drag marks, I just told peolpe my ol' lady was a mean one.

it not a matter of "if I crash" it's a matter of "When". told that to my Brother who is a killer rider( can ride anything) just before he dumped his dirtbike. went to take off, went about 5 feet and clipped a round rock about the size of a cantalope that was sticking up and over the bars he went at about 5 mph. too damn funny especially after he's had just drag raced acrossed the same field 12 times most of the passes in a wheelie. needless to say the crappy rider of the group(me) broke his gimpy chops the whole rest of the day. had to give up the Shee to him though cause he could twist he throttle w/ a sprained wrist.

• 3 weeks later...

ill tell u what helps a bunch on a banshee is getting v-forces over stock reeds,, the power is there at a constint instead of just rearing its ugly head when u think u got it under controll so its easier to feather through the wheelies.