Raced cbr 600 tonight

I am looking for a bike, I test drove a friends cbr600, and I have never ridden a 600 street bike in my life, no way a banshee would have kept up with me though, I dont care how bad of a rider you are, the 600s can fly, it had a pipe on it too. I call bs until I see a video.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy said his 636 would hit about that in first, and he said he nearly shit himself how quick it got there, and I can't imagine for the life of me what its like hitting triple digits in first gear  :headbang:

298169[/snapback]

new R1's, 120 in first gear. thats no shit. those fuckers are fast.

new R1's, 120 in first gear.  thats no shit.  those fuckers are fast.

298190[/snapback]

I got sent a site some time ago about the weights and measures of these bikes from SportRider....

Do you have a site that lists HP and TQ numbers from previous years, but is up to date? The one I have stops at around 2003 I think for some bikes.

I have a feeling if my project bike goes well, I'm building a few more, and if there's something out there with enough nuts to turn 120mph in first, I'm sure it would spin some 25" Skat Hookers and send my ass up Sand Mountain at 80++......

sorry stan, i dont have anything like that.  the only reason i know this is because a guy at work did a road test on one for some research and he found it out first hand.  :bolt:

298204[/snapback]

Thats cool...

I enjoy the acceleration, but over all speed kinda spooks me.

I think if I were to test ride an R1 like that I'd have to have my shorts pulled outta my ass with a tractor.

HUGE pucker factor.

i call BS untill i see a video, i go out to houston motorsports park pretty often and they do a thing called, quads VS. bikes and the bigbore strokers streched out the ass that DONT pop up have trouble beating the street bikes, and keep in mind these arent drag bikes just regular gixxers and cbrs and things just ordinary bikes. i highly doubt your staying with any cbr unless its being pushed..

get me a video then ill delete this post :flush:

the bs flag has definitely been raised. If you have enough power to pull 60+ mph in first gear..there is not many banshee's i know of that will compare. Keep in mind, the bike will never have to shift to beat you. You are going to shift at least 4 times. I'm just not seein it. So go back to kindergarten where this story came from.

kinda weird how no one has even mentioned what kinda times were ran at the 1/8th mile track you were racing at. most the piped only banshee's run low 9's @ upper 60mph range. not anywhere near fast enough to take down a 600 with even a shitty rider.

298290[/snapback]

Word!

My 996 will do close to 90 in first but it is pretty hard to launch a crotch rocket because they are so high geared and it takes about a second to hit high enough rpms for the bike to start to pull hard. I know I could definitly get a good hole shot on my banshee over a bike but as soon as the bike starts to pull its all over for the quad. Any crotch rocket 600cc on up is going to run a sub 4 second 0-60 time. I can totally believe you getting a good holeshot but I would think the bike would come flying past well before 1/8 mi. Are you sure it was a whole 1/8 mile, maybe it was a little shorter than that and then your story would seem pretty accurate.

First off, yes I lost to D's 636. Oh well. I've been faster on my RR in 5th gear than D's bike would ever think of doing in 6th. And I will still run you again. Coming off that old 600 to the 1000 took a couple weeks to get used to.

I seriously doubt a new R1 will do 120 in 1st. I also would have to see the 104 from a ZX-10 to believe it. A 929 will do 74 according to a friend that owned an '01.

Gixxer 750's are very fast. It would take one hell of a banshee to even think of touching them. I would think it would have to be higher geared to hit a "true" 93MPH in first. Everyone that rides knows that sportbikes have the most inaccruate speedo's. They read incredibly high.

My gixxer 750 only hit 85mph in first w/ stock gearing. I was hitting 104mph in the 1/8 mile (2nd gear). Dragracing a street vs. a -1 swingarm shee is TOTALLY RIDER.....It hard to get both out of the hole w/o wheeling, so your just wasting your time...Slam a shee w/ extended swingarm and slam a cbr w/ extended swingarm, then put 2 good riders on them. Then you'll get a good comparison...Getting off the line is what its all about. When I first started dragracing my gixxer, I only got 11:1@135mph. At the end of the season, I got 10:0@135mph. NO motor mods, just learning how to clutch it wot out of the hole.....