I couldn

Redlined

yeah i will post info, including a dyno run, a video with my digital camcorder, and all that stuff.

my setup should be +4 stroker, 200 deg port i think thats what jim called it. rocket pipes, and the usually mods.

im about to bust a nut waiting for it to be finished :yank::yank::yank:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The flat spot on is really noticeable when really stressing the motor aka long hill climbs in sand with paddles. On flat ground with regular tires you will not notice the flat spot. I believe adding reed spacers might help solve the problem but until I have two guys I know add reed spacers and run them in the dunes I won't know for sure. If you don't believe there is a flat spot you should hear from a member of this board with a 12 port 4mm stroker only getting 49 HP out of his motor. He will be the first one to try reed spacers to try to fix what I believe is the issue. I hope he finds this post and posts his findings. I'm not here to speak for him so if you have any questions on how his bike runs he's the one you need to ask. If you have a question about what I think is the problem I'll try to get someone to come in and post his findings and why reed spacers help the problem.

yea i will definitly post my results hopefully i will have some numbers in the 70 hp range at least. my mods will be:

passion 12 port porting

+4 mm stroker crank

noss cool head

19cc domes

+4 timing advance

delta 2 reeds

34mm carbs

barnet clutch

hindson basket

pro design impellor

k&n intake

rockets or cpis

shift star mod

and a lightened flywhell

hopefully....shee will ripp

Edited by Ryda85

Did you get any regular dyno charts of HP and TQ vs rpm?

296832[/snapback]

This chart does show Torque and HP compared to RPM. You just have to work at it.

The rpm is on the right hand side of the chart. You pick a point on the HP or Torque and draw a line up or down until it connects to the RPM line, then look to the right and that is the rpm at that HP/Torque. You might have to use the left side of your brain. :whoa:

Basically it

Edited by Redlined

This chart does show Torque and HP compared to RPM. You just have to work at it.

The rpm is on the right hand side of the chart. You pick a point on the HP or Torque and draw a line up or down until it connects to the RPM line, then look to the right and that is the rpm at that HP/Torque. You might have to use the left side of your brain. :whoa:

Basically it

Edited by Banchetta

so basically just put the image in a mirror and look at it and that'll be the graph.....I thought my dip was bad...thats expected from a dune port and high rev pipes though. Not bad, pulls quite a ways. Good hp and torque for top end...that dip is meaningless for dunes, but it would be a big problem for technical hill climbs. Your on/off the throttle on hill climbs and can't determine what rpm you'll be at when you land back onto the hill, thats where the dip would cause a problem which some people can't stand..This all depends on the type of riding some people do though. 80% or more shee owners wouldn't care about that dip and just ride through it and thats fine. Its the other 20% or less that are looking for perfection and smoothness where the shee is very predictable on the whole power curve. Sounds pointless to some, but very important to the guys that need to have full control where every split second counts, not speed, but handling and maneuvering....I'm not trying to bash your graph, just helping others understand the graphs and what to look for in them besides peak hp and torque....For a dune port, you have a perfect match of torque and hp at the higher rpm which is perfect for duning. The torque peaking at the higher rpms will give you much greater top speed and hard pull at the end of your revs...It'll create more tire spin on take off where the motor wants to be at 11000 instantly, but that doesn't matter when your duning since your riding at 60-90 mph....So I give Passion an "A" for the dune port... :clap:

297213[/snapback]

Excellent Point Banchetta.

That transition point doesn

looks pretty good..expecially for a dune port. Looks like it comes on around 4500 rpm..similar to a gorr wood port. Hes right about the dip...they have so much power off the pipe that the couple hp dip before it hits is negligible. Ive not seen many banshees without a pre power band dip either.

looks pretty good..expecially for a dune port.  Looks like it comes on around 4500 rpm..similar to a gorr wood port.  Hes right about the dip...they have so much power off the pipe that the couple hp dip before it hits is negligible.  Ive not seen many banshees without a pre power band dip either.

297628[/snapback]

i dont wanna start an argument here but it looks to me like the power doesnt come on till about 6500rpm. my brothers big climb in power started right at 4500. looks to me like this engine starts around 6000 to 6500. anyone else seeing this?

looks to me like this engine starts around 6000 to 6500. anyone else seeing this?

297654[/snapback]

I have to agree with Loco on this one, every dyno sheet is going to start climbing as you start giving it gas some but the significant power seems to be waiting until you hit 6000 to 6500 unlike the sheet STCLARK posted in the other thread, it still has a dip but it's minimal and shifted forward in the curve.

i dont wanna start an argument here but it looks to me like the power doesnt come on till about 6500rpm. my brothers big climb in power started right at 4500. looks to me like this engine starts around 6000 to 6500. anyone else seeing this?

297654[/snapback]

u quoted ur bro's woods port but what bout urs? urs didnt have a dip?

I was actually pretty pleased with this run considering its running high end Sheerers. The motor made 27hp at 5000 rpm, climbed 2 or 3hp between 5k and 6300 before it hit the pipe. Then it produced pretty good HP numbers at 45 ft. lbs and then continued to actually hit 11000RPM at near peak hp. I was very pleased with the performance of the Sheerers all in all. 11K and still have off idle grunt! Thats pretty damn good. Something to build off of and try to improve even more if nothing else...Jim

Edited by PassionRE

u quoted ur bro's woods port but what bout urs?  urs didnt have a dip?

297667[/snapback]

i couldnt even read my dyno sheet. it looked worse than my brothers. next week sometime ill be headin to a different dyno in my area that my builder was tellin me about. hopefully he will have a printer that is worth a fuck and then ill be able to tell for sure.

I