Lesson Learned... (w/ pics)

SouperSport

Was out riding my Shee on sunday afternoon in a sandy area of a rock quarry.... and I Saw a small hill I thought I could catch a little air off of. It was about 4 ft high or so. Kinda sandy and gravel covered. What I failed to see was the "friggin huge" rock that was hidden in the sand right at the base of the hill... :whoa:

I was doing about 25-30mph and hit the rock head on... Stopped me in my tracks!!! :wacko: I nearly flipped over the friggin' handlebars... luckily I managed to hold on.

Good news... no personal damage to self... <_<

Bad news... completely thrashed one of my A-arm guards and dented my lower left A-arm pretty bad. banghead

It's kinda hard to tell, but I think I may have even slightly bent it. The dent is the only thing I know for sure. Definately need new A-arm gaurds...don't think I can hammer this one out... New a-arm may be questionable though.

Lesson Learned....

1. Having A-arm guards don't make your A-arms invincible...

2. Check your rock quarry hills for ROCKS before attempting to jump a hill... :confused:

3. Better an A-arm GUARD than one of my A-Arms!! :D

Check out My Gallery for all the pics.. but here's a couple

gallery_15566_55_1103080619.jpg

gallery_15566_55_1103080680.jpg

Edited by SouperSport

Glad to hear you're ok!

That a-arm is toast man, get another one. I'm sure NYUK has some ...

293431[/snapback]

damn that musta been a stout little rock...shit ive done that same thing but I did fly over the bars and hit the ground and rolled for about 10 ft then hit the next rock on my knee and popped it outta socket i think...im not sure cus it hurt like hell and i bent it and it popped back in and got all purple and blue and i couldnt walk for like 3 days...i had to have my buddy start my shee cus i couldnt even bend my leg high enough to kick it and it hurt really really fuckin bad...

Good story , man! Glad your ok...I wheelied up a hill next to a friend of mine and I hit a grass clob sticking out of the ground with my bearing carrier which put me in a freakin hand stand on my bars. When I got stoppedI looked back to see what I hit and saw my friends laying on the ground laughing and singing circus songs. GOSH!!! :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...