Dyno Results!

95blazer

Well I just completed my mods and decided to let Alba dial it in for me. When I took it there I knew it was jetted way rich just to be safe. My mods are as follows:

Pro circuit pipes, pro-flow kit w/ K&N, airbox lid removed, V-force delta 2 reeds, head milled for race gas, timing advanced 4 degrees, lightened flywheel, running VP C-12 race fuel.

I am very happy with the results and will test it out on Thursday at Glamis!!!

Let me know what you think of these numbers

#1- 370 mains, stk needle 4th clip, 30 pilot, air screw 2 turns out---This gave me a max of 46.27 hp at 8200rpms. This also gave me 39,45hp at 9300 rpms.

#2 300 mains, Alba needle 4th clip, 30 pilot, air screw 1 turn out---This gave me a max of 49.29 hp at 9300 rpms

Derek

Edited by 95blazer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a pretty big jump in jet size, Did you try other sizes as well? Did you pin it down to one size being the best?? I bet you have another few more ponies in there if they didn't try other sizes....49 hp isn't bad, but I think you can get more than that w/ jetting.

Well I just completed my mods and decided to let Alba dial it in for me.

284570[/snapback]

Keep in mind that when on the dyno they are only looking for HP#'s and that doesnt mean that it will be jetted right on. When i had mine tuned on the dyno it ran like dog shit out in the field and all the jetting that was done on the dyno i changed except for the pilots. So basically just because it is "tuned' on the dyno doesnt mean that its jetted perfect or runs perfect.

Edited by Schizo

This maybe a dumb question, but someone who's never done the dyno might wonder. Don't shops that run dyno's have some way of testing/analyzing the exhaust gas's to determine if the fuel/air mix is where it needs to be throughout the rpm range?

This maybe a dumb question, but someone who's never done the dyno might wonder.  Don't shops that run dyno's have some way of testing/analyzing the exhaust gas's to determine if the fuel/air mix is where it needs to be throughout the rpm range?

285386[/snapback]

I know some shops do.

i wouldnt trust a shops jetting on a dyno. arent they jetting in favorable conditions when they run them on the dyno? what if the temp is 80 degrees in the dyno booth and its 55 outside? your jetting wont be even close to right. jetting on the dyno to see how much hp you can get is fine but i would pay close attention to it after it leaves the shop. you wouldnt wanna burn up a top end becasue its too lean. you feel me? :cheers: