Stress marks

4strokekiller

i had a problem with stress marks on my plastics so i talked to some people and they said to take a heat gun to the plastics. first of all before you do this, you have to make sure that the plastic is really clean or else it will leave little pieces of dirt and dust melted into your plastics, after the plastic is clean just hit it with a heat gun until the white marks fade away. make sure that you dont get to close to the plastic or it will melt it. it takes about 10-20 seconds before you can see the stress marks fade. if they still dont go away keep tryin from both sides of the plastic. good luck

That's why I switched to white fenders. Stress marks blend in real well.  :D

282591[/snapback]

AMEN BROTHER!! The blue seems to be the worst, my wife's old blaster looked like crap after one spill. White is the way to go 'cause you never know when you might get tossed, even if you think you are doing everything right.

:cheers:

RJV

any color other than blue is fine but the blue stuff strees marks from looking at it  ha ha.  my black, red, yellow, and white plastics ahve always been fine about stress marks.  ditch the blue i know it looks good but only unitl you ride it then it's really just blue and white!

283190[/snapback]

i heard black does it the worst

well i just put soem used black plastic on my 87 and a watched my broter rol it down a hill at teh badlands yesterday adn not a stress mark on it. blue is the only color i have seen stress mark badly but i also did see a KFX400 with some nasty stress marks on it also. but black is great except for that damn scratches. always seems to look kinda gray

black is great except for that damn scratches. always seems to look kinda gray

285564[/snapback]

Use a high grit sandpaper for the scratches and spray them with regular floor wax you buy at the store and they will look like new even if they are starting to fade.

Edited by siezed-up

black is great except for that damn scratches. always seems to look kinda gray

285564[/snapback]

Use a high grit sandpaper for the scratches and spray them with regular floor wax you buy at the store and they will look like new even if they are starting to fade.

285772[/snapback]

thanks for the tip!! does the floor wax pick up alot of dust though???