what mods to win

cheex_50

Without extensive porting you ain't gonna do it. I have an 01 CR 250 and have raced it against Banshees.. They can't hang with bikes that have 25 years of technology on them  (not to mention about half the weight).

Modern day motocrosser = 50hp stock

Banshee stock with pipes = 45hp

284305[/snapback]

No way. A modern 250 MX bike only has about 42-46 ponies. The only reason they spank Banshees is because they are so light.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 03 banshee with fmf sst's, tors removal, k&n with lid cut, lonestar -1" swingarm, and 15/41 gearing. My tires are stock. I raced a 97 rm250 that my friend had, and it had procircuit pipes with k&n filter and the motor was bored a little over. We raced about a 1/4 mile on dirt and grass. I raced it before I had anything on my bike and it stomped me. After I installed everything listed above it was a tight race. I would beat him out the hole because they spin so bad. But he would catch up to me. But with my gearing it pulled very good and I would alway win by like half a bike length. My advice would first get k&n filter, cut the back 2 inches off the lid, get some v-force reeds or just some boyeseen pro series for about 70$ and maybe advace the timing +4 degrees. Oh yeah, try a .010 head gasket. That should help bottom end too. And change your gearing to 15/41. It will still be a close race but you should get him if you learn how to come out the hole in 2nd or 3rd gear good. Holeshot is everything. If he gets in front its probrably over.