New intake

bone450

Well I am tired of the stock carbs sticking when a bead of sweat drips on them, :D so I am looking for new carbs. I was thinking about a 2-1 intake, but I read some of the posts around here and they said they didn't make that much more bottom end and the top end suffered, so I am not sure if I want it. Also I am looking for new reed cages. Right now my motor is only piped with airbox mods but I want to have a sutiable intake for when I get it ported. I mainly do mx racing.

Now to the questions:

1. Any ideas on what carbs I should get? 28pwk's or 35 PJ's or a 2-1 setup?

2. For reeds, I was thinking the vforce delta 2's, but then I saw they have vforce 3's. What is the difference between the two? Is one better than the other?

3. Anybody know of a place with good deals on these parts?

I was thinking about a 2-1 intake, but I read some of the posts around here and they said they didn't make that much more bottom end and the top end suffered

What??? Don't know where you read that, but whoever said that has never ridden a shee with one. For stock and midly ported machines, they'll produce great low end power, awesome midrange hit and better top than you'll have with stock carbs. A pair of 28s will probably have a little better top than the stockers but not as much low mid as you'll have with the 2-1. Keep in mind, the added benefit of easy tuning with the single carb setup as well.

For you, I'd say get the 2-1 and a set of VForce reeds and you'll be extraordinarily pleased.

shredish have you ever rode a banshee with porting and bigger dual carbs or a 2-1 with porting? My friends bike is ported very simular to mine and has 34pjs and he pull away from me every time and his power band is very smooth all the way through. I would stay with 2 carbs unless you dont giving up HP for ease of tunning.

2 to1 rules, :bolt:

277507[/snapback]

Would it even help for draggin'?

I like the sounds of more bottom end and LOVE the one jet change. :)

I know a larger "PAIR" of carbs would be better for draggin' but I wanted to know if a 2-1 would still help me a bit compared to stock

But want to still be able to take my buddies in a straight line.

My mods are...

Stock carbs removed TORS

Procircuit Pipes and Silencers

V-Force reeds

NOSS head with 21CC domes

K&N

277507[/snapback]

I know a larger "PAIR" of carbs would be better for draggin' but I wanted to know if a 2-1 would still help me a bit compared to stock

Yes, it will probably drag better, because you'll have more low/mid off the line and still have more top than with the stockers, so basically, it'll start pulling earlier, and just keep pulling harder all the way up. :cheers:

I went with a set of 28mm pwk's and V-force reeds. I can't complain. I got no starting woes, she starts up all the time, everytime on the first or second kick. Mind you, it wasn't easy to tune but once i got her all dialed in, I only have to do minor jet changes at diffrent seasons of the year to keep her runnin in her prime. Throttle response is 2nd to none, doesn't bog or hesitate..But it was a bitch to tune.

277507[/snapback]

Yes, it will probably drag better, because you'll have more low/mid off the line and still have more top than with the stockers, so basically, it'll start pulling earlier, and just keep pulling harder all the way up. :cheers:

278880[/snapback]

unless you strickly drag or a hillshooter, I feel it is the best all around setup.

easy to tune only one carb to clean,looks better,starts easier.just my opinion