Talk me into it or out of it...

I'm in the process of considering a trade: One of my street bikes for a stock 2003 Banshee.

Shee would be MY bike to ride with my girls (16 and 9) as they have been interested in joing the quad scene. I'd be getting some tamer models for them to ride. I've done some quad riding but mostly wooded trails with little track and zero dunes riding (although in Michigan we have plenty of dunes to ride and it sounds like fun).

The trade values makes getting the bike very attractive, but I'm not sure of the Banshee is well-rounded enough to suit varied types of riding that I might encounter here. I'd love to hear your thoughts as experienced banshee riders on the banshees versatility as well as its general mechanical weak and strong points.

Thanks in advance,

Q

i was in the same position your in kinda last year,and this is how i thought of my decision.i thought of one of the fastest atv's out there a banshee and figured if its to fast ill make it slower and if its not ill make it faster for the kind of riding i do. i got a used one with plenty of mods to it and i was more than happy with it.plenty enough low end for putzing around with my wife but when i had to ripp her open to shut down another quad it had plenty of topend to get it done.bottom line why kick yourself for passing your deal up for a great all around quad for a quad that youll get bored of in a year.mods for shees are endless.

i also find it very cool to get your kids into atv'ing,look into an atv institute safety class for them,i took my wife last year and we had a blast.good luck :clap:

I have had my banshee for 14 years and I never get bored with it. There is that thrill factor that just can't be replaced. Properly set up it will be hard to beat in any condition other than a MX track due to its hard hitting powerband that just wears you out. I can putt putt in the woods all day with no problem keeping up with the thumpers and I feel the handking is incredible, even though others may think otherwise.

I also feel the banshee motor is almost bullet proof if you keep the filter clean and run good gas and iknow how to jet your carbs. My bike is 15 years old, probably almost 30,000 miles on her, (dunes, trails, fire roads) .40 over on origianl cylinders, orignal crank minus two end bearigns that I WANTED to replace and original transmission. I am buying a new quad next year and thought about the 450's but I feel other than the MX track my banshee would be just as good and be a hell of alot more fun to ride. Plus I think it may be the last year

Chris

I just got a banshee last saturday and i was debating on whether to get one or a four stroke but i figured I'd go with the banshee cause i got a good deal. I love it and i dont think i will want to get a fourstroke again. I have done some trail riding and stuff with it, it kicks ass at hill climbing and its a good quad all around. You wont go wrong with a banshee in my opinion. :)

I couldnt imagine having any other quad. I ride my shee in all conditions and it never fails to keep a smile on my face and envy on the 4 stroke faces. Get the banshee and after you get it you will be wondering why you even asked this question. There is NOTHING like a banshee....You wont be sorry.

I don't ride that often currently, but when I get the chance, its like a shot of adrenaline every time that powerband hits. Sometimes to get my fix, I'll toss on the stock knobbies, and burn down the road 1-6 and back in front of my shop and I'll get off literally shaking. 1-2 passes and I'm good for a while.

I don't ride that often currently, but when I get the chance, its like a shot of adrenaline every time that powerband hits. Sometimes to get my fix, I'll toss on the stock knobbies, and burn down the road 1-6 and back in front of my shop and I'll get off literally shaking. 1-2 passes and I'm good for a while.

I think your message hints at why I'm in a favorable trade position. Sounds like the guy was looking for something to do with his wife when he got this, but when he went over the handlebars on his 2nd ride - she got a little scared at the raw power. Not frightened myself, but it sure sounds like a rush of a ride. You guys are getting me excited about the 'Good', but nobody's told me about the 'Bad' and the 'Ugly' about the Banshee. Spill it on me - I can take it. ;)

BTW, here's a pic of it in old-school Yamaha colors. What's the general range of value for one like this? I know you are all the experts. :)

quad1.jpg

Edited by quadzillabill