Dont laugh

2stroker

I hate to admit it, but I bought a Honda. I'm probably gonna get a bunch of crap, but before I do, let me make one thing clear, I am NOT getting rid of my Shee. I went to several stealerships to buy a YFZ450 but they didn't have any or they wouldn't budge at all on price. The last place I went to didn't have one but before I turned around and walked out, the salesman offered an 05 450R for $5499. That kinda got my attention. Next thing you know, I'm signing some paperwork and I'm driving home with the thing in the back of my truck. While I might be seen riding a Honda every now and then, I'm still a Yamaha man.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't had the chance to really ride it yet. Up and down the street a few times is all the time I've had on it so far. It still needs to be broken in so I haven't hammered on it. It does feel strong though. Really good torque on the bottom and good midrange. When it's properly broke in, I'll see what it can do on the top. Ergonomics are way different fom the Shee. When riding the Shee, I feel as if I'm riding IN it more than ON it. With the 450R, I definitely feel like I'm riding ON it. But not in a bad way. I think I can grow to like this thing. BUT, I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to the way the front end looks. It almost looks like it's missing something. Maybe putting a Yamaha sticker will make it more purdy.

I went to several stealerships to buy a YFZ450 but they didn't have any or they wouldn't budge at all on price. The last place I went to didn't have one but before I turned around and walked out, the salesman offered an 05 450R for $5499.

Maybe there is a good reason why the YFZ is harder to find and doesn't need to lower the price.

I'm interested to know how you like it too.

My buddy bought one a few months ago. He was really impressed with my yfz450 so he thought he would go with the honda to be different. Once he jumped on his 450r he was really not that satisfied. My yfz would walk all over it. The he dropped a bunch of money in his 450r, had it ported, cam, pipe. And he still has a hard time keeping up with my stock yfz 450. Oh and when i say my 450 is stock, i pulled the spark arrestor and took off the air box lid. I still consider it stock, theres no engine work done, but some people on here seem to disagree with me and they tell me its modified. :confused:

I find it hard to belive a trx 450r with a pipe, cam ,ported head would have any trouble keeping up with a stock yfz 450, i like the honda way better, there both equally fast the yfz is definatly quicker and more top than the honda but its also alot more money from the factory, i think you made a good choice with the honda

Ohhhh yeah??? Let me find my video to prove it.. :D:D

I find it hard to belive a trx 450r with a pipe, cam ,ported head would have any trouble keeping up with a stock yfz 450, i like the honda way better, there both equally fast the yfz is definatly quicker and more top than the honda but its also alot more money from the factory, i think you made a good choice with the honda

Ohhhh yeah??? Let me find my video to prove it.. :D:D

yea im sure we got some proof on video somewhere. if you say they are both equally fast, then how can the yfz be quicker and have more top end? wouldnt that make the yfz faster?? there is no opinion about this here. the yfz is simply faster. im not saying the 450r isnt a good quad, because i think it is. but for the money difference you get a lot more race ready quad with the yfz.

i am hella hella impressed with my yfz450, i love the power and i havent got a pipe on it yet. i dont even have the airbox lid off either. i have seen the 450r`s going and they do seem fast but i didnt really like them because the power didnt seem to be there all the time, iv never been on 1 so i may be wrong but the 450 never dies down.

hope you enjoy your new ride anyway!