NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually some of those pictures are likely to have been from shots with those smaller caliber rifles

22-250, 223, 243, 220swift 22 hornet

a friend of mine prairie dog hunts a few times a year and he uses a 220 swift for the msot part and many of his pictures that i see the dog is cut in half

never underestimate what those small caliber rounds are capable of as they have muzzle velocities of 4K FPS or more

i believe my buddy loads them up to shoot around 3400-3700 fps so save on the barrel life

actually some of those pictures are likely to have been from shots with those smaller caliber rifles

22-250, 223, 243, 220swift 22 hornet

a friend of mine prairie dog hunts a few times a year and he uses a 220 swift for the msot part and many of his pictures that i see the dog is cut in half

never underestimate what those small caliber rounds are capable of as they have muzzle velocities of 4K FPS or more

i believe my buddy loads them up to shoot around 3400-3700 fps so save on the barrel life

thats nice, id laugh my ass off, if someone whos "hobbie" was butfucking children then cutting there throats got ahold of one of your buddies kids, whats the ol saying "what comes around goes around" :jesterlaugh:

thats nice, id laugh my ass off, if someone whos "hobbie" was butfucking children then cutting there throats got ahold of one of your buddies kids, whats the ol saying "what comes around goes around"

Hey Blue Duece, you just don't get it I'm afraid. These prairie dogs are called varmints for a very good reason. They can do very serious damage to the land. Stock can be seriously injured by stepping into their holes. They contribute to spreading disease. Land owners usually welcome varmint shooting as good way to control population of a major pest. I'm afraid that you have just lost all credibility with me.

We do the same thing here in wyoming. I love to shoot those little shits. We actually made some small explosives one time (gasoline/potassium permanganate, napalm(gas/styrofoam/M-80) and some small PVC pipe bombs) and chucked them into the little communities. There was one stupid one that went running up to one of the gasoline/potassium bombs and was checking it out (ifyou don't know, gasoline and potassium permanganate make concussion explosives, so to set them off we shoot them) my buddy shot it and it blew that thing into the air about 4 or 5 feet. It kicked ass. :headbang:

Cool post, does anybody know exactly what caliber round they are shooting? Id like to see some get shot with the new .17 HMR round. Go to www.varmital.com I think and then go to the .17 HMR testing site. They basically blew a diet coke can up in a video with that round. They were punchin some decent holes in the prairie dogs too.