Passion Racing?

Boare

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at first didnt it have a slight mid hesitation? now its got no bottom either? after passion ported it didnt you have someone else play with the exhaust port, if so thats where the bottom end went? but of course all this can only point to jims engine sucks, if it was me id send jim my whole motor and have him get it running right, before i busted his nuts in an open forum......

:whoa:

Loco and Duece, I'm interested to know what size domes you guys are running?

Are they the same size or not, and what compression reading do you guys get on a guage?

My friend and I had the same drag port on our cylinders and ran the same

carbs/intake and pipes. He had 17cc domes, but I couldn't run that much

compression with nitrous. The difference was night and day on low and mid.

I had a flat spot that I could not get jetted out, but his would lug a lower gear.

Loco and  Duece, I'm interested to know what size domes you guys are running?

Are they the same size or not, and what compression reading do you guys get on  a guage? 

My friend and I had the same drag port on our cylinders and ran the same

carbs/intake and pipes.  He had 17cc domes, but I couldn't run that much

compression with nitrous.  The difference was night and day on low and mid.

I had a flat spot that I could not get jetted out, but his would lug a lower gear.

Mine was the same way with grr pro porting. I added compression and damn what a difference. I was at 160psi and went to 192psi. Then added a lightened flywheel. It was night and day also.

Funny thing is, Jim at Passion Racing is the one that helped me with what to do to get my motor to pull hard on the bottom.

Edited by fixitrod

My brother still hasn't got his running right yet. Has a dead spot in the middle and no amount of jetting will solve it. Oh yeah, he's the 2001 Minnesota state hillclimb champion in the 500cc class. Not to mention I was right on his ass the whole way and we've been racing together for 20 yrs. I think we both know a little something about jetting. Anyone wants to step up and figure that bitch out, be my guest.

I've seen loco ride and he aint no slouch, If he says it won't run, it won't run.

at first didnt it have a slight mid hesitation? now its got no bottom either? after passion ported it didnt you have someone else play with the exhaust port, if so thats where the bottom end went? but of course all this can only point to jims engine sucks, if it was me id send jim my whole motor and have him get it running right, before i busted his nuts in an open forum......

it didnt ever have a slight hesitation. it had a huge hesitation. it never had alot of bottom end either. but the bottom was better than the mid. yes i had someone do a triple exhaust port on it and it gave it more top end, it had no effect on the bottom or mid range. and i NEVER said jims engine sucks, you are puttin words in my mouth. like i said im not here to bust anyones balls, only to point out some obvious facts. 1. that my engine does not run like yours. 2. that it must be really hard to jet or im just an idiot. and 3 that there are alot of people with this porting that are having the same problem as me. so whats my conclusion?? i dont know, but i do know how to jet. and jetting is not the problem. im not sending anything to jim. already did that. jim did offer to swap me out some cylinders which i think was very respectable of him, but like i told him i had some one mess with the porting so theres no need.

banshee04le, im runnin 19cc domes with about 180 pounds of compression.

reded, im with you. i know you and your bro know how to jet and if you guys cant get his runnin right then i know i cant get mine right. ive heard them lectrons are had to tune and i know your bros got one on his 500. i guess maybe me and him and jetting impaired :confused:

Im glad I read this post, I am getting ready to send my motor off for a 4mm build, I was really set on having passion do the work with all the raves of his 12 port. But I am looking into different options now. The last thing I want is not being happy with the power curve after dropping 2grand into my motor.

Anybody have anything to say about Patriots 4mm Duner motor??

Thats what I am leaning towards now.

i have a patriot 4mil race mx port,with port matched cases.15 to 1comp ratio,dan's custom 17cc stroker domes+no spacer plate anywhere.with 28pwk's this motor f'n ripps!!!!!!from idle to redline.i am very pleased with this set up+his custemer service.

Well guys all I have to say is my passion motor is the best running motor I have ever had. I dont want to say that you couple of guys that are having problems with your bikes dont know what you are doing when it comes to jetting, but if you have your jetting where it needs to be then I would probly look somewhere else for a problem like maybe the electrical system, are you guys still running all your stock ignition and coil or your plug caps. Like I said my bike runs like a bat out of hell but I have changed alot of things like my ignition and coil, plug caps.

..i'm just running a long rod crank to give it more top end.  I've got 195psi in each cylinder and i've raced jim's mx port and 12 port stroker........the stroker gave me a run but i still beat the guy by 2 bikes down the straight.

i think the guy cant ride or isnt setup right, i race a patriot stroker every weekend and smoke him from top to bottom, street or dirt...i say just the oppisite of locco im on my tenth banshee and jims motor is the fastest ive ridden, smokes my trinity shee hands down....my friends with port magic bikes cant touch me either......loccos bike runs like shit and it aint jims fault mine runs tits......

the motors were running perfect and both guys could ride............just not as good as me, and didn't have enough ass to pass my ass......... :shrugani:.........i'm happy with my motor and your happy with yours............not tryin to start shit, or talk shit about other builders.

well i'm chime in here... i rode got1banshee--- banshee at the dunes and i was greatly disappointed.. i thought mine ran better then his and mine has just a few mods..i had half the money in my whole bike then he had in motor work... i gues he never got his running right cus he sold it... we never got to drag race but i wish we could have to see how my somewhat stock bike would do with his passion motor...now i know rick did not know alot about quads so i was not sure if it was just not tuned right or whatever but i have seen alot of post of ppl with same problems.... loco did you ride ricks banshee???it had awesome top end but thats bout all it had........