reverse?

racer

if pushed hard enough and fast enough backwards with her in gear do you think it would start backwards? i dont see why not. it wouldnt do anything with the timing, port or ignition, and anything else can be run in both directions i.e. pistons, coolant, and so on.

what do you think?

or better someone try it and tape it. smiley_on_tredmil.gif

There was a member here that had his flywheel come loose and sheared the key. I think the timing advanced which when running backwards would actually be retarded. I could be wrong on that but it ran in reverse. 6 gears backwards. Wouldn't that be fun.

Edited by Bigairee

There was a member here that had his flywheel come loose and sheared the key. I think the timing advanced which when running backwards would actually be retarded.

good point, guess im glad i have a plate. so if i were to try i would need to traditionally retard my ignition?

correct me if im wrong. it will stall out! the gears only go one way. and if your talkin about riding backwards it wont work because the chain slack when ridden forward is on the bottom and if driven in reverse would make chain slack on the top. you would go though about 5 chain sliders and rollers before you got it up to sixth gear. though it would be cool driving like a high speed fork lift. i dont thnk it would start jumping it in reverse. seems too weird of question. :wacko:

some one did it on mine once, turend over, might of started before i ran over bitching about it, i think all it would take is a timing adjustment, and the chain issues that were pointed out before

2-stroke snowmobiles with reverse shut the engine down and fire it up backwards. ...you now have reverse, but with a rev limiter ;)

yes, thats what im talking about. im not try in to pin it in 6th in reverse, f*ck that someone is gonna die. i want to look really funny goin through the camp grounds on a shee running backwards.