Full throttle and then you get the boost, why ?

xt45

only thing i could add is that when powerband kicks in the motor is running at its best.. air and feul are best at this point...thats why you can change it with a diff style of pipe cus you change the way the exhaust gas has to come out... so the bigger the pipe the longer it takes to biuld back pressure.. where with pts they are similiar to stock so you biuld back pressure faster which give you a powerband lower.... just my guess how it happens i'm sure there are plenty here that know the real reason....

Banshee's are like that freaky bitch that you loaded up from a party and brought back to the pad, she just can't get enough. So the next day your arms are jello, knees are weak, your back is stiff and you got a burnin....... well nevermind that part <_< .

Mike

Edited by txblueshee

arent they the ones with the weights that make it engage quicker? has any one tryed to adjust there wastegate to lower the amount of boost?

I cranked my waste gate valve down tight. I'm running nearly 12lbs of boost right now, but I'm thinking of ditching the single turbo setup in favor of a dual turbo set up. One slightly smaller than the other. This will facillitate good boost at low rpm, with it popping at around 3000-4000 rpm and the larger turbo will have had time to spool up and will take over on up to 10,000 rpm.

One of my buddies that did this actually had the knobs on his tires come unglued from the tire case itself. LOL He was throwing these little rubber tire lugs all over the place.

That lag that you're reffering to is basically dependent upon the pipe's design. What happens is the engine is sending out shock waves or sound pulses at cirtain rpms. Tuned pipes are designed to take advantage of this by reverbrating that sound pulse back into the motor in a specific amount of time. When that pulse hits the incoming fuel/air charge, it pressurizes it. My explanation is way simplified. But the Banshee's motor is lacking a power valve so there will always be a shortage of bottom end power until the engines harmonics are in sync and you basically are on the pipe in the meat of the powerband..hence the lag.

arent they the ones with the weights that make it engage quicker? has any one tryed to adjust there wastegate to lower the amount of boost?

I cranked my waste gate valve down tight. I'm running nearly 12lbs of boost right now, but I'm thinking of ditching the single turbo setup in favor of a dual turbo set up. One slightly smaller than the other. This will facillitate good boost at low rpm, with it popping at around 3000-4000 rpm and the larger turbo will have had time to spool up and will take over on up to 10,000 rpm.

One of my buddies that did this actually had the knobs on his tires come unglued from the tire case itself. LOL He was throwing these little rubber tire lugs all over the place.

:lol:

http://www.maximumsled.com/mountain/garage...e_animation.gif

go here and pay close attention to the green incoming fuel/air mix it litterally goes into the exhaust, then the sound waves as mentioned b4 push it back into the cylinder. thuse allowing a greater amount of mix be compressed, if the cyl. holds 1 pint of fluid with the piston down and a valve shut off the flow it would stop st 1 pint, this action lets the cyl. fill with the "1 pint" plus what exscapes into the pipe and then is pushed back in.