Lonestars are on.

sredish

Well, the new Lonestar a arms I picked up from my friend are officially on. +2+1 chrome, camber and caster adjustable, he also gave me chrome tie rods and new reamed spindles. They look really good, other than sitting in a shop for a few months, they don't look used at all. Just finished getting them on. Had to pull the right freaking header because the upper arm bolt wouldn't come out. Pulled the header and beat the hell out of it for good measure.

Only problem. The lower arm mounts, the hole where the bolt slides through is bigger than the bolt size so the lower arms are loose and move around, so I guess I'll have to get some bushings to in there, or has anyone else had this problem? They look good, I'll get some pics and a report later. Eric @ Elka said I won't need to revalve, just respring the main spring. So, tomorrow I'll give him the serial numbers off the fronts and he'll get some springs out asap. Temporarily, he said if I need to ride, just dial up the compression some and it should be alright.

Can't freaking wait to ride them. Now, I just need to get that pesky steering stabilizer on.

Later.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kewl!! There is quite a good article on the LSR website on how to set up the camber & caster.

That steering stabilizer is a bitch to get right, I put mine on without taking the front plastics off and it took a lotta cursing to get right. Take care that it doesn't come into contact with the radiator at the extreme ends of the steering movement. On mine the adjuster knob ended up right behind the forward end of the nose plastics, not good if you're the type who constantly fiddles with adjusting knobs.

Pictures would be good, maybe you can take a series of installation pics and post a step by step article in the Products Review section...

My springs currectly are 285 lbs./ft. and he's setting me up with some 300 lbs./ft., and dunedemon, they're 1.88 dia. I had him just go ahead and ship me some out. $20 for each, can't go wrong.

Pictures, well, here's where it sits at the moment. I'll probably put the shocks on this afternoon, pump up the comp. and see how they feel. I just need to get some bushings or something for the bottom mounts, as they're just barely bolted and the inside dia. is bigger than the bolt, so they just waller around.

They're a tad dirty, but no rust. They got even dirtier after me dicking with the pipes and then moving the arms, I got dirt and crud on them. I need to go wash the whole bike down.

Later.

My springs currectly are 285 lbs./ft. and he's setting me up with some 300 lbs./ft., and dunedemon, they're 1.88 dia. I had him just go ahead and ship me some out. $20 for each, can't go wrong.

Holy shit...285 lb/in? What do you weigh? That is a lot of spring rate for a stock armed bike, even going up to 300 is not that big a jump for going to +2's, did he tell you your "tender" spring's rates? I'd like to ride those and see how they feel, Elka must use some serious valving in their shocks. $20 each is a DEAL, and those will not be an Eibach spring, I can't even buy our springs that cheap. Good luck and congrats. Let us know how it works out.

you need to use the steel sleeves from the inside of the stock arms! :cheers:

:shootself: I called LSR and asked them about that. They told me to use the stock liner out of the stockers. Duh, I shoulda looked at that. Oh well, I'll just throw them on and go after it.

demon, eric told me they normally sell 'em for $30 to $40 depending on the spring, but I got a hookup! :headbang: is it lb/in or lb/ft? I thought he said lb/ft, but I may have been wrong, and I weigh 195-200 dry and no equipment. no clue what "tender" is, i just asked him for the rates and he said the 5.1 spring I'm using now is a 285lb spring and the 5.4 he's sending is a 300lb. :confused:

I'll have her up and goin here in a few, actually. i'll update the pics with the finished stuff.