Lonestars are on.

sredish

BTW -8 deg of camber is a LOT, I prefer -3 to-4 myself, Galfer lines are great, you'll be hapy with them.

Yeah, that shock stuff makes sense. I also feel that -8 is a bit much. I was gonna get her down to -4 or 3.5 and see how shee feels. I could tell just from inital ride how improved the handling was and how it almost seemed to lean into the corners. Can't wait to go for a long ride.

NICE!!!! I run -4.5 camber in a about 1/8'' toe in. Are you still running the stock swingarm??

Mike

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, still got the stock swinger. I'd like a -1, but I'd like to ride one first. I'll pony up for one some day. Elka is coming out with a sweet rear shock linkage setup for the banshee this fall. I'll probably hook that up and may spring for a swinger then.

Minkia, I was stoked about the spindles. He had even forgotten they were there. He pulled them out of the box they were stored in and was like, oh yeah, i still have the reamed spindles on them. I was like BONUS!!!!

-5 huh tats? whats your caster set at? also, i measured my camber with no weight on the quad, I realize now that my weight has to be on the quad for measuring, wonder how much that will change it. 3 degrees???? let's see -8 and then 3 degree change will be -5. Score.

My blue Galfer brake lines will be here Monday, and my clamps from dlnoss will be here Mon. or Tues. and then I'm also bumping up my compression some.

It was unreal how much it changed the handling. I had the +4 axle and that was a huge improvement, and I didn't think the arms would do as much as they did, seeing that i already had some width in the rear, but it really stabilizes the front end and the steering due to the camber change is amazing. it's like it banks into a corner rather than sliding around a corner. i just need to go ride more.

Cool, thanks for the good words.

I forgot. Demon, could you explain this a little further please?

Holy shit...285 lb/in? What do you weigh? That is a lot of spring rate for a stock armed bike, even going up to 300 is not that big a jump for going to +2's, did he tell you your "tender" spring's rates? I'd like to ride those and see how they feel, Elka must use some serious valving in their shocks.

What spring rates are typically used? And if those are a lot stiffer than others, how would the valving need to be setup? This doesn't do much for setting my bike up, but I just want to understand all the aspects that I can and these shocks are somewhat unfamiliar territory for the most part.

Later.

Yep, still got the stock swinger. I'd like a -1, but I'd like to ride one first. I'll pony up for one some day. Elka is coming out with a sweet rear shock linkage setup for the banshee this fall. I'll probably hook that up and may spring for a swinger then.

Minkia, I was stoked about the spindles. He had even forgotten they were there. He pulled them out of the box they were stored in and was like, oh yeah, i still have the reamed spindles on them. I was like BONUS!!!!

-5 huh tats? whats your caster set at? also, i measured my camber with no weight on the quad, I realize now that my weight has to be on the quad for measuring, wonder how much that will change it. 3 degrees???? let's see -8 and then 3 degree change will be -5. Score.

My blue Galfer brake lines will be here Monday, and my clamps from dlnoss will be here Mon. or Tues. and then I'm also bumping up my compression some.

It was unreal how much it changed the handling. I had the +4 axle and that was a huge improvement, and I didn't think the arms would do as much as they did, seeing that i already had some width in the rear, but it really stabilizes the front end and the steering due to the camber change is amazing. it's like it banks into a corner rather than sliding around a corner. i just need to go ride more.

Cool, thanks for the good words.

A-arms and shocks are by far THE BEST mod I ever put on my 'shee... I'm still trying to get used to the turning ability. Nothing better than being able to rip a 4th gear powerslide on grass :dance: ... I also run flipped front rims though. My front end is 51'' and my rear is just about 49.5''.

I've been having a problem sending pm's so I don't know if you got it but theres a BIG ASS labor day fest just outside of bonham at www.redriveratv.com..... I know a guy who's gonna be there that runs a -2 that you could try out ;) .

Mike

I've been having a problem sending pm's so I don't know if you got it but theres a BIG ASS labor day fest just outside of bonham at www.redriveratv.com..... I know a guy who's gonna be there that runs a -2 that you could try out ;) .

Yea, I did hear about that, over on TexasATVs.com. And my local feed store has a flyer on it. I don't know if I'm going to make it though, I'm gonna try, but I'm not sure.