?

Proquad101

I have never taken my banshee to the drags yet but I have been think of going on a test and tune night. The ? I have is if my gearing will be enough, I have plenty of sprokets all the way from a 13 to a 17 and 39 to a 41, at the moment I have the 17/39 on my bike from the last race I did in Joplin it was a 1/2 mile oval. The last time I had my bike on the dyno it pulled 70hp with a slipping clutch and 40 ft. lbs of torque so what kind of times and speeds should I be looking for? Oh by the way the drags are on asphalt not dirt. If anybody has any info or suggestions for me let me know.

70 hp,you should pull around high 7`s in the 8th, 12 something in the quarter, depending if you could get a good launch maybe better with practice.gearing seems tall enough.your gonna have to try different combos.

what kind of tires do you have? how much do you weigh?

I was going to use either hoosiers or american racers both are 10x10. I have a couple of sets of hoosiers that don't have very much tread left do you think they will work good? What kind of air pressure do you guys usally run, when I am flattracking I usally run about 10lbs in the rear tires. Is it best to lower my bike all the way to the ground?I weigh about 175lbs.

I run 14/41 gearing when I drag race. I start off in first and I cross in Top of 5th. And this is in 300FT. I race in Tral Mod and I won my first race last week end. and I have 70hp.

If you want You can PM me and I will help you out more.

If you truely have 70hp, you should be running in the high 4's in a 300ft drag with a set of tires that hook well. You stated in another thread that you are running low 6's. Something is wrong here. Hell a stock banshee with some pro wedges will run in the high 5's.

Well I am not sure how much HP my shee has But the people I have talked to told me it should be about 70HP.

And I Drag Raced a Shee with clamp on K&N air filters and HoleShot Rear tires and I won in 300 ft.

He is about 125 LBS give or Take and I am 270-280 and his best time is 7.335 and Mine is 6.033. I now My shee will run faster then that. But on that track I would spin from 1st all the way to Top of 5th. And I cross the 300ft Line in top of 5th.

But I will be going back in septerber with Self Tapping screws in my rear Tires and a Lightened FlyWheel.

I went to drag races lastnight My first run I got somewhere around a upper 9 and low 70's, I almost killed it off the line. My second run I got a 8.586 and 81.90. I dont know what a good time is, there was only one other banshee there and I smoked his ass everytime. Anyway I just wanted to say that was the first time I ever took my banshe to real drag strip and it was a blast, I think I will enter an event next month and see how I do. :headbang: