Engine ice

What's that stuff called that's allready mixed...ready to pour in. Ya don't have to mix it with water or anything...RockyMountain has it, but I can't remember the name, nor have I tried it. I've hear it's even better than engine ice & water wetter. :rolleyes:

Edited by ledofthezep

i use it and will continue to do so, i believe that it does make a difference. i put it in my shee at the same time that i put in a new aluminum impeller and a temp gauge so i can't tell you how much better it is than normal coolant. but after i intalled the coolhead i noticed that it runs about 8 degrees cooler.

I run it, and have'nt had any problems yet, BUT lately I've been hearing from local pro riders and very reputable mechanics, that it's the worst thing you can put in any cooling system. So far, I love it, though, and until I see proof with my own eyes that it's bad, I'm going to continue to run it. :)

Iv got a temp guage and I run about 140 when Im just riding fast down the roads on a normal 75 degree day. I will have to get some and try it to see how much cooler I run.

I run it, and have'nt had any problems yet, BUT lately I've been hearing from local pro riders and very reputable mechanics, that it's the worst thing you can put in any cooling system. So far, I love it, though, and until I see proof with my own eyes that it's bad, I'm going to continue to run it. :)

So do they say what or why it's so bad? And what are they using?

I run it, and have'nt had any problems yet, BUT lately I've been hearing from local pro riders and very reputable mechanics, that it's the worst thing you can put in any cooling system.  So far, I love it, though, and until I see proof with my own eyes that it's bad, I'm going to continue to run it. :)

So do they say what or why it's so bad? And what are they using?

they said something about corrosion and electrolosis(sp?)and eating up seals. They all told me that they would'nt run anything but antifreeze mixed with distilled water.