V-force reeds

Wassup350

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone on planet sand just dynoed a bunch of reeds and the g3's sucked big time. The v-force did the best. If you have v-force and the trinity 2-1 manifold check out how they dont match up at all. I had to take off material on my v-force's so they would line up with the manifold. It was like a 1\4 inch. I didnt run it stock so I dont know if there is a difference but I am sure there is. Maybe 1 hp.

• 3 weeks later...
they dont actually ad 5-8hp like people on ebay claim do they.i figured a couple hp but 8 seems like a lot or is that for highly modded motors

278832[/snapback]

I'd rejet for sure, your changing the amount of airflow. As far as 8hp, don't think so fellas, maybe 1 or 2 is right, dunno, but it helps the throttle response a lot and really helps smooth the power. You probably see more of a power gain in the midrange area than the peak area.

Leadfoot.

The older 2-1 setup form trinity would require you to remove some material to get the delta 2's in. The newer setup such as the one I run does not require the removal of material.

Now to get my jetting right and get some engine ice, put some clear radiator tubes on, cut them myself forget to ziptie one of them away from the pipes, burned right through one. nice that I dont live but 1/4mile from where I ride.

Taken from VForce's own FAQ page:

"Typical gains are 5+% more horsepower throughout the RPM range, depending on motor configuration. Added benefits also include explosive acceleration, crisper throttle response and wider peak horsepower."

So, 5% on a 40 hp machine would be.... anyone.... 2 hp.

Also, I'm gonna try mine on the low setting when i put everything back together and see how she likes it. :)

Edited by sredish

Taken from VForce's own FAQ page:

"Typical gains are 5+% more horsepower throughout the RPM range, depending on motor configuration. Added benefits also include explosive acceleration, crisper throttle response and wider peak horsepower."

So, 5% on a 40 hp machine would be....  anyone....  2 hp.

Also, I'm gonna try mine on the low setting when i put everything back together and see how she likes it. :)

279729[/snapback]

I know you can adjust the reeds, but the directions say that adjusting them for low tension decreases the lifespan of the reeds. :shrugani:

Wow i started this topic months ago and its still going. V-force reeds rock!! :headbang:

I know it decreases the life span, but hell, someone's got to try it. I've never heard of anyone running it that way so I wanna see what shee feels like. I'll probably keep it in the normal setting for a little while, get it broke in, jetted and then see what she dynos at. Then change to the low setting and dyno again, see what the difference is. I have new replacement reeds coming for it anyway seeing as they're over a year old.

I have them on my ported shee, my sons stock motored shee and my youngest sons Blaster. Good improvement on a stock motored machine, Outstanding improvment on a ported motor. I have a dune/drag port with 33's and noticed it right off the start. Doesnt take as long to fly by everyone anymore. I can stick with them at the line but when I hit 4th :bolt: Very noticiable.

Leadfoot.

The older 2-1 setup form trinity would require you to remove some material to get the delta 2's in.  The newer setup such as the one I run does not require the removal of material.

Now to get my jetting right and get some engine ice, put some clear radiator tubes on, cut them myself forget to ziptie one of them away from the pipes, burned right through one.  nice that I dont live but 1/4mile from where I ride.

279507[/snapback]

Maybe thats why they say the the manifold has more power? Shredish did you notice this?

I have the newer style. However, I've never heard of removing material. Not saying it's not true, I've just never heard that. I always heard the older styles are sent with an oring and you can't use the oring with the VForce reeds because it'll leak, so you must order a set of the paper gaskets for the newer manifolds and that'll work. Maybe he's saying you remove material from the gasket, dunno. :shrugani: I haven't had any of those experiences, I use the paper gasket and that's what works.

Later.

• 4 weeks later...