Clutch Problems

Hey guys I've had some clutch trouble lately. When I pull in the clutch and shift into gear the clutch still grabs, and neutral is damn near impossible to catch sitting still. It has a dirt digger clutch, but I'm not sure if this is natural for aftermarket clutches. I bought it with most of the mods already done so I wouldn't be able to notice a difference from before and after. Thanks for the help.

neutral is a bitch to find on banshee's, boonman on here does a shitfstar mod for a good price that'll help out finding neutral and shiftin, just pm him, and it sounds like u have to adjust the clutch at the pertch

Neutral is no problem to find when the engines off, just while it's running and sitting still. And it shouldn't need to be adjusted...It doesn't start to grab any harder until the lever is like halfway out. I was just curious if this was natural for some aftermarket clutches with stiff springs. Any help is appreciated.

Ya shit clutches suck. Mine grabs when its fully disengaged...Not that bad though. Adjust at the perch is the best bet. Or may even have to adjust on the pressure plate itself. Just gotta find the right setting. Be patient and keep messin around with different things trying to adjust it. Good luck.

Most Banshees seem to do this. Mine does it pretty bad when cold, but after a short ride it lessens up. It never really goes away, but gets to the point it will start in gear, so I jusy learned to live with it. I ahve heard it gets worse with a grooved basket and may be fixable, I just don't know how.

broke

• 1 year later...

Need to check for wear/notching on your baskets as well.

Stock baskets aren't very good. Once they start notching (from wear and tear) they don't disengage properly...

A new clutch basket helps this...smoother engagment/disengagement, etc.

Make sure your inner/outer hubs aren't too worn, either...

Mine was doing that real bad bought a new cable, re-adjusted, everythings good now.The points on top the stator cover have to line up perfect or this will happen.

neutral is a bitch to find on banshee's, boonman on here does a shitfstar mod for a good price that'll help out finding neutral and shiftin, just pm him, and it sounds like u have to adjust the clutch at the pertch

228879[/snapback]

my trail bike had a shift star mod , and it seemed like it was easier to go from 2nd , to netural then from first to neutral...... just my .02

neutral is tricky to find seems like every motor finds it differntly ....