what oil?

choose which oil you use  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More oil=more compression and cooler running temps :P

I'm not sure I understand how does more oil = more compression?

Also I thought that the fuel did the cooling for the piston not the oil?

Isn't the oil for lubrication only?

I haven't noticed any increase in temps @ 80:1

If what you say is true I should run 5:1 it would be ice cold and great compression.

Can somebody explain.

Just depends on whats all done to your motor, if its bone stock , the manual book says 32:1, and they are refering to yamahalube, also depends on what oil your use , like a high performance oil like Amsoil or Klotz, I'm a firm believer in Klotz, I've ran about all of Klotz 2-stroke oils, and my shee seems to like Benoil the best. Considering I only like 15 miles away from the Klotz foundry! :headbang:

Personal 24:1 is Way too much oil for me. Todays High Performance formulated oils do very well at oiling at 40:1 without leaving excess amounts in the engine which can cause engine damage from buildup of contaminates that are suspended in the extra oil. I clean engine is a Happy engine.

Klotz R50 in my 2000 dollar Passion Racing engine Not that Yammlube stuff.

All these other ratios can't be good for the engine. I use 16oz. of oil per 3 gallons of premium.
Slayer in a nice way you are Very wrong with that statement.

THe mechanic at my local Yamaha dealer told me 16oz. to 3 gallons and no less. <_< What do you guys suggest for a stock Shee? I just want to take real good care of this investment. Also, are Boost Bottles (FMF, White Bros.) worth the $$$? Does it make a noticable difference? Do any mods need to be made after installing?

Well I finally decided on a new oil... Klotz Super Techniplate. I called Klotz and they told me to run 32:1. I still have 2 pints of Yamalube to finish though. Will this help my engine last longer?

Edited by Slayer1018