:cry: why me

Nighty

Unbelievable, i'm typing this with one hand and it takes ages!

What happend?

well, one of the riding mates decided to checkout a new place to ride,

so i was folowing him and his raptor... going slow.

i was putting around in 6th gear going around 35 mph.

we get to a road crossing and turn left,

The road was long with no other crossings for 3 miles, the raptor guy is in front with a lead of 150-175 feet.

i admire the view left and behind me and the next thing i do is flying trough the air making corkscrews.

Landed on my back and shoulder the banshee flipped on into the grass.. luckly...

After getting up it turned out the raptor guy wanted to turn so slowed down and parked in the grass next to the road. with his front left wheel on the asphalt (turning motion)

i was looking back for no more then 2 seconds .. while lookin i steered to the right (seems to happen when you look back, i didnt intend to go that far right) and smashed/ launched right over his front wheel..

I never saw him slow down.

damage on the banshee seems 0 only the rear grab bar has minor asphalt marks as it hit the ground while spinning trough the air.

Thats the only part that hit the ground, i think it landed on its wheels again in the gras

facing the other direction.

oh and my handlebar is bent

damage to the raptor is enormous. bent a-arms and rim so far.

.. i think we should ban atv's.. they are dangerous :jesterlaugh:

picture will follow soon.

Edited by Nighty

lol. once they flip its all over. garenteed somethings bent. aluminum bars an alluminum grab bar are the first to go. my silencers were bent when i crashed. hope your wrist doesnt cause too many problems in the future. take care of it for a while and let it heal right instead of using it and straining it and stuff.

hey im rob in r.i..i know how u feel. i was racing a raptor 4th wide open, about 60mph. bottom balljoint threads stipped out. lower a arm anchored in ground over the bars i went. very violent crash. broke ulna radius,ankle sprained other ankle and both knees. that was a year ago bike is 80% rebuilt. total bare chasis restoration. heal the right way good luck.

Ya shit...take it easy with that wrist. I broke mine at practice a couple months ago (had been all healed now) and I was working on my truck with a ratchet last night and now today it's a little sore. Glad to hear everything is relatively ok though!

• 2 weeks later...
what do u mean banshee might be worse then expected?

Well i've been driving around alittle, shee just asked for it :)

And everything feels twisted and bended.

left rear rim seems wacked, axle should be fine,

lots of stress marks on the fenders.

Took the screws out of my tank fenders and they sort of bumped back into a less stressfull position,

and now i cant get the screws back in (with 1 hand)

so i guess my frame holding the radiator is slightly bend.

The handlebar is wasted.... list goes on and on.. the more i look the more i see.

it still hauls @ss though.

bending the steering stem is easy to do, take a tie-down and wrap it around where the bars mount up to the clamps (just below the bar, hook it to the steem itself) then tie the other end to a pole or a tree whatever then lift te back of the banshee up and tighten the tie-down while it is up in the air. At this point you should be able to let go and the ass end of the shee will be up in the air with no one holding it up there. GENTLY push the back end of the banshee down kinda bounce it and it will go back straight with the proper ammount of pressure. Take your time then all u gotta do is put the tank/radiator cover back on and go ride!

How long were you NOT watching the road for? I once looked back right after I landed this mean table to to catch a glimpse of my buddy clearing it..needless to say I forgot about the whoops and just for that spit second I ended up high siding a berm and crashing in a 4 foot deep ditch. My buddy was laughing his ass off as he helped me pull my bike out.