best tires for trails

my buddys run either razors or holeshots, ive got a set of dirt devils on my banshee but they suck on grass so they ll get put away for spring or fall mud.

i ll be getting a set of razors as well for general trail duty.

razr's, holeshots or turf tamers. the turf tamers are only 2ply so they'll punture a little easier than the other two I mentioned. I ran both the razrs and holeshots and I like the razrs better, the holeshots I ran were the older holeshots when they first came out on the market, the newer holeshots are designed more like the Razrs with the knobs spaced apart more than the original holeshots. There's actually a few different Holeshot and Razr models, they both have an MX tire and they both sell a trail tire and they both sell a top dollar race\gncc tire. The majority of GNCC racers use razrs, and GNCC racing is basically trail and mud riding. Another thing I like about Maxxis Razr's is they seem to support ATV racing more than ITP does, atleast at XC\GNCC events, you'll see the big Maxxis rig at every GNCC and thier contingency plan is better than ITP's if you plan on racing in your future. Maxxis is sponsoring alot more racers than ITP does..... and im talking about XC racing again. ITP and the Holeshot tires are used more on the MX track. Id think more MX guys are racing with Holeshots on than Razrs. Blackwaters are cool, but they're going to be heavier than the more sporty Holeshots and razrs. One nice thing about the Turf Tamers is they are really lightweight compared to the 4 and 6 ply tires. I just bought a new set of 20 inch Razrs, id like to try the Razr 2's but I cant justify 80 dollar tires when I can get the standard Razrs for 40.

Edited by Meat

fast trekkers own, but I think titan quit making them. blackwaters are good on anything loose enough for the lugs to dig in. holeshots and razors are good all around but they will leave you wanting more traction in the slick stuff. blackwaters will last the longest out of all the tires I mentioned.

Edited by roosthrower