Axle Nut

I have a "dead lock" axle nut I bought off ebay and it still works its way loose. It is made of billet aluminum with 2 allen bolts to tighten it down when it is in place. I have tightened it up and put red loc tight on it and it works itself loose after a hard day of riding. I am afraid if I really torque down on it while tightening it that it will strip the threads since it is aluminum. You guys have any ideas on how to keep it tight. I am running a stock axle. Thanks for the help.

just weld the axle into the carrier... :unsure: haha no. id just use the stock axle nuts. wrench them both down tight, and then you have to tighten them into each other. the one closest to the carrier you reverse and the one further away you tighten. this locks them together and you should have no more problems.

Sometimes the aluminum axle lock nuts don't have a wide enough slot cut in them, and they will clamp up tight on themselves. Check to see if this is the case, and if it is take a saw and widen the slot so it will tighten on the axle.