Smoking And Lack Of Power

40:1 I'm in the process of changing the oil right now. my needle is in the third position. I have tried it in the fourth but seems better in third. The parking brake switch will only make run to 1500 right. Is this why I should disconnect it? I've disconnected the tors when I first got it or at least the plug. It is still functional though. The power is fine now but the smoke is driving me insane.

I'd disconnect both the parking brake and the "brain module" above the left exhaust. Eliminate the possibilities...Don't lean out the oil any more, I run 28:1 w/ little smoke...Others do it, but I wouldn't recommend any leaner than 40:1....Try moving the needles to the 2nd notch from the blunt end to see if that helps. If not, then I'd look at the reeds.....make sure you check the oil level in the tranny to make sure your not sucking oil from the tranny, if you are then you have a blown crank seal.

if its blowing smoke its obviously running rich.if the smoke is real thick you might have to go down more than 1 size.i think its just jetting man, try leaning it out i think that will clear up the problem.

Edited by deathmetal2004

My brother-in laws banshee was doing this , It smoked like crazy and he tried different jetting and leaned out premix and come to find out the slides were switched in the carbs , put the slides in correct and the smoking went away.

just switched the slides over and it is running so much better :headbang: I didn't realize all the power I was missing out on. I guess I win the dumbass of the week award banghead Thanks for all the help. Now I need to repack my silencers because they are caked in oil so it still smokes some but not bad.