+7 DEGREE KEY

TURBO FLOW IMPELLER

WHITE BROTHERS BRAKE PADS

TAG METAL X5

CHROME PLATED RIMS

MODQUAD GRILL

VITOS JETTING

MY QUAD HEATS UP VERY QUICKLY

SHOULD I NEED A NEW HEAD FOR MY BANSHEE SAY MAYBE COOL HEAD WITH DOMES? DO THEY DECREASE HEATING BECUASE WHEN I GOT FAST

I FEEL THE HEATNESS NEXT TO MY LEGS

PLEASE HELP ME EVEN THE DMC STICKERS ON THE SILENCERS MELTED

get a temp guage or make one and find out exactly how hot its getting. the heat you feel on your legs could be from the pipes being right in front of them. if indeed it is over heating it could be a water pump impellar or something thats not allowing the coolant to flow. check out the radiator too, something clogging it. ? just noticed also 7degrees of timing ? try to bump it back down to like 4 or 5 degrees at the most.

Edited by evil

Does it ping with that much advance? What fuel do you run? What elevation? What are your jetting specs? My legs get hot on my bike too, but my bike runs a cool 180 degrees..... You could have some detonation, and perhaps lean jetting..... You need to put a temp guage on and see just how hot it is. You may not have a problem at all.....

Does it ping with that much advance?  What fuel do you run?  What elevation?  What are your jetting specs?  My legs get hot on my bike too, but my bike runs a cool 180 degrees.....  You could have some detonation, and perhaps lean jetting.....  You need to put a temp guage on and see just how hot it is.  You may not have a problem at all.....

Agreed totally with them. That much advance could be a problem without the right fuel, don't even think I'd push that far with 110. If you have a somewhat lean condition, then that will make them worse and really get you into problems.

Throw her back to +4 and check your jetting and let us know what you got.

A Coolhead will help flow more coolant and dissipate heat, but generally it's ran using high compression domes which create heat, so the benefit is usually nulled by the heat from the compression. Don't buy one to help with cooling. If your having heat problems, it probably won't do what you want. That's a new machine, so you shouldn't be having problems with the radiator and such. Like I / they said, pull your timing back some and check your plugs, I bet the problem lies there.

Edited by sredish

It is normal to feel heat coming of the motor, it means it is disapating the heat. If you have run it where it is jetted and you haven't burned it up yet put a temp gauge on it and see where it is really running. In my opionion cool heads only increase the coolant capacity in the head which just takes the motor a little longer to overheat but once it is hot it just needs a break to cool down.

what kind of riding do you do? I remember when my bike used to overheat it was because I didnt get the air goin through the radiator enough. You need to bring it down a straightaway ever once in a while to get the cool air through it. These bikes are 2 cyl with a not so big radiator, so they heat up fast. The heat on your legs is normal, especially with aftermarket pipes. Riding pants and boots make that problem a little better.