Idle Problem

rmd8123

I have 2004 banshee and i recently put on toomey t6s. I also removed the t.o.r.s system and installed idle screws. I can get my banshee to start, but it will not idle. As soon as i let go of the throttle, the quad dies. I tried changing jet sizes and still wont work. I have tried adjusting the idle screws but made no difference. The air screws are set 1.5 from all the way in. Anyone have any suggestions?

Pull your air box and boots and look at the slides and see if the idle screws are raising the slides slightly when you screw them in , you may have to file more material from the carbs to get the screws to go in far enough to raise the slides.

Took more off for the idle screw and still didn't help. Also the only way i can get my quad to start is to bump start it, but after i get it started once from bump starting it will kick start. But it still will not idle, as soon as you let go of the throttle it dies. Lemme know if theres anything i can do.

Did you completely remove the tors or just the carb tops? Make sure that you unplug the three wire connector at control box. The box is mounted to the frame under the front of the gas tank on the left side.

Are you sure you have removed enough material for the idle screws? You should look down the carb bore and see the slide move up as you turn the screw in.

Did you try different pilot jets or just different main jets?

youkeep saying you removed material from the idle screw.. its on the carb body where the srew screws into that you need to shave down other wise the scre bottoms out before it touches the carb to raise the slide..if it idled before and now it don't that has to be the problem. are the idle screws screwed all the way in? if so grind some more. the best way to check is whith the carbs in you're hand and screw it in and see if it raises the float.

I think I read the post wrong..You can start it, but it won't idle.....I'd look at what others have suggested...You have to shave the side of the carbs so the idle screws will go in further...Common problem... As for the 105 psi....that would be good if your 2000'-3000' feet above sea leve...If your at sea level then you might want to consider a top end in the near future.....

Ok , so you put pipes on and did the tors removal,

What jets did you put in the carbs ?

Also when you have it running holding the throttle , will it idle ?

or is it running too fast then you let up and it dies?

Or does it die like you hit the kill switch?

Was it running fine before the mods?