Just Got My Gun Liscense

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what you want to do with it. Hunt, self defense, target, concealed carry, etc? Lot of things to take into consideration. Whatever you get, make sure you go to the range and get REAL familiar with it. Go to www.hk94.com and read through the forums. Lots of good useful information.

As for myself, I have several handguns and rifles. My favorite pistol being the Sig P229 chambered in .357 Sig. This is the pistol I carry concealed. Its a toss up between the mini 14 and the MAK 90 for favorite rifle. Home defense duty goes to the Benelli M1 Super 90.

Personally I like Glocks. I have a model 23 .40 cal and a sub-compact 33 .357 Sig. Never had any trouble from them, the 33 shoots almost as good as the larger one. Only shot 1 box through it, and that was for qualifying at the P.D. and it's for sale by the way.

Personally I like Glocks.

Microwavable safe too. ;) Fuckin cops... :P

I'm a colt fan myself. My old man was in law enforcement for over 23 years(hence the fuckin cops hehe), got me into guns...I got a dickload, even more now that he's passed away. I shot better than all but 2 guys on his Special Response Team when I was 14 with my officer's model, talk about hang'n some shit on some people, ironicly enough...those I out-qualified were using grocks. :rolleyes: I currently have 2 M1911 45's...gov. & officer's models, and a marlin .45 camp rifle. They are my fav's.

M1911_gov_model.jpg

M1911_officers_model.jpg

Marlin_CampRifle_45.jpg

:cheers:

Damn, LED - you're starting to worry me. First the whole "420" thing now with the guns! I did not realize there were such militant stoners. I'll be sure to watch my P's and Q's if we ever meet up.

Just bustin' your balls...

get a glock, durrable and good feel to them. stay away from those big small capacity 1911 till you buy a 2nd or 3rd one make your first a glock. you could drag it behind your quad through a lake and when you got done it would still shoot. no chrome either go black!!!

A nice SKS or a russian built ak-47 will add a nice terrorist decor to anybody's trunk..properly highlighted with 100 rd drums and 30 rd magazines with spare bullets and assorted knives will definatly add to the flavor. Browning 50 cal Ma duece will make a perfect bed mounted traffic cannon. But Russian weapons are cheaper and easier to come by.

The best hand gun I have found for day to day conceald carry is the Taurus 38 special Titaniums. They are super lite and small. only hold 5 rounds but if it takes more than that to solve the problem you either need to be a better shot or an M4.

This is called practicality. I carry a handgun almost every where now days and this is a good gun for every day use it will be reliable and comforatable to tote around with you allday.

I am guessing since you got your CCL, then you want some protection. I have glocks, but don't love them. A sig is a very comfortable gun and so are Walther's, very nice well built firearms. 1911 are great guns, but wouldn't do much for a concelled gun imo. 380, 9mm, 40 are good caliber choices to look into. Good luck in your search.

Marc