Plug Chop?

I like it. That's about how I run mine. :clap:

Congrats on the 38mm single. I bet that a running sonofabitch. My longterm plan has a 38mm or 39mm in it. I'd like to know how it runs after you get her out some.

Edited by sredish

Your looking at the wrong spot, the electrode will always be black, you want to get it a golden brown on the ceramic insulator..and it is. Plus with the temp. on the rise and the nights still a bit cold, he should be good to run all day and night long without fear of running lean if the temps drop too far. Also notice the lack of fuel around the plug itself..it's dry wich means it's burning everything in there...that's good...well unless he wiped em down before he snapped the picture..then he's cheating. You can alwaya go leaner, but that means worn crank bearings and blown pistons. The onlything lubing your crank is that measly 32:1 fuel/ oil mix ratio or what ever ratio you run at..that's it. That's all thats keeping your crank alive at 9000 rpms. That's all that's keeping your rings from eating up they cylinder walls.

Your looking at the wrong spot, the electrode will always be black, you want to get it a golden brown on the ceramic insulator..and it is. Plus with the temp. on the rise and the nights still a bit cold, he should be good to run all day and night long without fear of running lean if the temps drop too far. Also notice the lack of fuel around the plug itself..it's dry wich means it's burning everything in there...that's good...well unless he wiped em down before he snapped the picture..then he's cheating. You can alwaya go leaner, but that means worn crank bearings and blown pistons. The onlything lubing your crank is that measly 32:1 fuel/ oil mix ratio or what ever ratio you run at..that's it. That's all thats keeping your crank alive at 9000 rpms. That's all that's keeping your rings from eating up they cylinder walls.

;)

You will never find 2 people that will read a plug the same...I read the straps which tells you your heat range...The insulator is your timing...To me, the insulator is worthless....but thats me, I'm not saying who is wrong and who is right, My builder reads the outside ring....I don't agree w/ him, but he has some of the fastest and reliable drag shees in New England so hes doing something right, but it all comes down to how clean your motor is buring all the fuel...Any builder will tell you that your shee will run optimum at 1180 degrees before melting...This is where you will get max hp and best operating temp for the exhaust pipe to work...A lot of people say the strap is false, but I've never melted a piston and always yielded the most hp on a dyno even though my jetting is done and adjusted in the field....Just thought I'd share some info...not trying to debate, but shine some light on the subject of my personal experiences.....

Edited by Banchetta