I Give Up Banshee's= Garbage !

welli went out today and worked on it and heres what i got----

i tried another cdi box and nothing, still the same

i tried another coil and nothing, still the same.

so i started to take of the plastics to get a closer look at everything and low and behold there were a few wires sitting in the exhaust next to the airbox?? they started melting together and just so happen to be the ones to the cdi box. the quad started right up sounded clean as a whistle so i took it for a spin and HOLY S#$T IS IT FAST!!! i still don't want to put the cool head back on due to the crank not being welded that is why i took it off in the first place!! running 206psi per cylinder with an unwelded crank was not a smart thing according to everyone here. I'm talking to someone right now about a trade on a nice 250r that i still am thinking about going through with? but i'm going to try and ride this thing as many times as possible to maybe change my mind???

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it could be considered opperator error just NOT ME!!!! all those wires were never moved since i've had it. i made sure that those wires were nowhere near the ehxaust and thats how i would have put them in the first place but it took this problem to make me aware of it??? i mean there is absolutly no room between the airbox, exhaust , and the frame......oh well it's fixed

buy doing that aren't u just turning it more into a r?? why is it that by shortening the swing arm would it handled better? this guy i know who has a blaster had his extended cause everytime he hit a jump with it his short swingarm would prevent the quad from getting any air? it would like bottom out on the face of the jump?

why is it that by shortening the swing arm would it handled better?

To be completely honest with you, do a search. You will be reading for hours on this topic. While I don't think it will out handle an R, it will get much closer. Don't give up on a quad you know very little about. Although, a "VERY" well built R is all I would trade for.

broke

I'd hate to say it, but A banshee will never out handle an R, just won't no matter what kinds of mods you do..except and outlaw racing chassis using honda geometry..but then you'll have an R with a banshee motor. I race quite abit against 250r's and they always out turn me, but I get em' on the straights. Larger tracks I have an advantage, shorter tracks it's the R's game.

f*ck ALL THE ASSHOLES WHO DISRESPECT ME. I KNOW WHAT THE f*ck I'M DOING .....

Doesn't sound like it. I'll tell you what. You live close to me. You come over, with your bike, and we'll go for a boot. You can ride my bike, shortened swingarm, fattys, and stock porting, and you tell me what you think can be done with a shee. You won't want the R. And if you want to race MX strictly, find yourself a dynoport or a motofast 2 into 1 pipe and a CV carb assembly. Then, send the motor to Passion the next season, and get some fatty pipes. Have him drop a stroker in there, and port it. You'll smoke any R out there..... Also, I'd like to see that S-10. I got one in the garage right now, and 2 "race" motors on stands waiting to go in..... I'll have to get used to no brakes, because the cam I have in either motor won't make enough vacuum.... :rolleyes::dance: That offer is serious though. PM me, and I'll throw ya my #. I live in Elma.

for the right r !!  probably?? i just miss my old r. handled awsome, tons of low end, power was always there not like on the shee how it hesitates than boom shoots u straight up in the air of a jump and u got to worry about getting the front end back down!! o well after having both i just like the r's better.

Ya know... I had a '91 shee a while back. Sold it and bought a 250R because it spun a crank bearing and we had to dump a new welded crank in it and I got tired of the issues. Still have the 250R at my parents place. Its nice and handles nice but its a way different machine. Depending on what type of riding I want to be doing... especially if I want to just go out and rip and go wayyy faster than I should... the Banshee is always the first choice!

The 250R handles nice and all that but... there is nothing like the acceleration and speed of the shee.

f*ck ALL THE ASSHOLES WHO DISRESPECT ME. I KNOW WHAT THE f*ck I'M DOING .....

Doesn't sound like it. I'll tell you what. You live close to me. You come over, with your bike, and we'll go for a boot. You can ride my bike, shortened swingarm, fattys, and stock porting, and you tell me what you think can be done with a shee. You won't want the R. And if you want to race MX strictly, find yourself a dynoport or a motofast 2 into 1 pipe and a CV carb assembly. Then, send the motor to Passion the next season, and get some fatty pipes. Have him drop a stroker in there, and port it. You'll smoke any R out there..... Also, I'd like to see that S-10. I got one in the garage right now, and 2 "race" motors on stands waiting to go in..... I'll have to get used to no brakes, because the cam I have in either motor won't make enough vacuum.... :rolleyes::dance: That offer is serious though. PM me, and I'll throw ya my #. I live in Elma.

well when i raced there was a shee with the 2 to 1 pipe and carb set up and it was the loudest, badest sounding quad i have ever heard!!! the guy riding it was also the guy selling everything u would possibly need at the races and i've seen him announce the races in batavia, not sure of his name?? well either way i smoked that quad everytime i raced it??????? as for the s-10 i also have to role to a stop sign or light in neutral due too the size cam i have in it, way to ratical!!!! i was looking to put in a 3500rpm stall or put in a milder cam to get some better vacumm plus i won't be digging holes in the ground everytime i put it in gear and go!! well here is a pic of the s-10 and the motor was built by dick fite and with me helping. dick fite builds race motors for about 7 cars that run up at lancaster.. yeah elma is about 40 min from me. i live down on the lake.

472119_23_full.jpg

Well If them DAmn R's are SOOOOO good than why don't they still make em ??????? The R's I'd say your refering too are not stock..Don't know Of any that hasn't had several thousand dumped into them...

I agree a Banshee is way out dated but if demand is high why change it..Why put more money (factory) into making it better when they can leave it the way it is and sell just as many..