Banshee Vs Cr500 Straight Out Race

I have to agree with everyone else,I was say that maybe you could take him if he is not a good rider,but shit anyone nuts enough to ride a Cr500 around BETTER be a great rider!

I new a guy that raced a 250r and had a banshee. He bought a cr500 and sold it about 1 month later saying it was too much for him.

people that ride with me always wanna ride my cr500 banshee. i tell them if you can start it then you are man enough to ride it. so far only 2 people have ridden it. :lol: they are one hell of a powerful bike. all it takes is a split second and you can get hurt really bad.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a 95 banshee, and my neighbor has a stock rm 250 and he is a decent rider, his bike is good , but i can take him in a race, my bike is pretty much stock, mods are listed below, he also has a cr500 but it doesnt run, but if it did i wouldnt want to be around, cause those things are killer fast.

Edited by papa_smurf49319

I had a Husky 610 and that sucker could flat out fly in the sand, I swear you couldn't even get it to bog in 4th in the sand up the steapest hill and I know a cr500 would have beat my Husky. The 86-89 cr500's were some of the most wicked years for power too. Power hit like a freight train. I think the later years focused a lot on smoothing out the power so it was more rider friendly and didn't really wory too much about making more power. You will loose, but screw it, race him anyway! Just think of the braging rights if he misses a gear... well mabe 2 gears! :bolt:

I used to own 2 CR500s with very basic mods (intake, pipes).

They would smoke anything I put them up against and I can't drag for crap! Much faster than my shee. If he can get that rear tire to hook up and not flip the thing backwards... man they are insane! If i buy another dirtbike, it'll be that.... so much fun.

Yeah your fucked...give him the ol' "shes not running good right now, but i will try to race you anyway" line, before you lose, this way it holds up a little better becasue you said it before you lost not after.

locogato11283

You have a cr500 in a banshee?

i had a 250r with a cr500 in it. Starting it really wasn't that big of a problem. two or three kicks. My girl once started it, and she only weighs about 110 lbs It was highly modded, i whooped everything but the dude with the gsxr1100 motor in his lt500 frame.

Edited by dcmoose

locogato11283

You have a cr500 in a banshee?

i had a 250r with a cr500 in it.  Starting it really wasn't that big of a problem.  two or three kicks.  My girl once started it, and she only weighs about 110 lbs It was highly modded, i whooped everything but the dude with the gsxr1100 motor in his lt500 frame.

yea i do. i have posted picture of it up here before. if you do a search with cr500 banshee in it, im sure you could find some pics. how did you like the 500 in your 250r frame? i bet it bolted up easier than mine. i had to make all 4 mounts. starting mine is no big deal for me, but theres no way a person that weighed 110 could start it. its got really high compression. i sent the cylinder to eric gorr and he did some work on it ;) its a beast. right now its down because i have oil gettin into the crankcase from somewhere. im splitting the cases this week to see what the deal is.

they are *awesome*. Used to use less gas than my friend on his RM250 (nitrogen boy..) because he was revving his way out and I could keep up no problem.

The downside is they eat through tires like you would never believe!

We take our shee kickstarters for granted. The one on my CR500 was prolly twice as long. My bro got whacked behind the knee with it once because he wasn't good at kicking the thing. Unbelievable sheer power. Wheelie out of any and every gear ;)

Here's a pic of my second '90 CR500 with the PC pipe, etc.

newer90.jpg

Its the pic the guy took when I went to go pick it up. I'm not that bad at taking pics to get my shadow in it :)

Just look at the jug on that bad oscar. Should have never sold it. But it paved the way for the 900RR...

Here's a pic of my first '90 before it got an FMF setup.

first90.jpg

Edited by nater006

Here's a pic of my second '90 CR500 with the PC pipe, etc.

newer90.jpg

Its the pic the guy took when I went to go pick it up. I'm not that bad at taking pics to get my shadow in it :)

Just look at the jug on that bad oscar. Should have never sold it. But it paved the way for the 900RR...

Here's a pic of my first '90 before it got an FMF setup.

first90.jpg

do you think somebody like me(5' 7") who has about 1 hour riding tikme on a badly running piped CR125 could buy a CR500 for dragging purposes only and still live? because im really skeptical that i would die. :shootself:

Edited by 99LRDblaster

Its all in the rider :)

Btw, those are before I changed the numbers to 420 (the orange one) and 69 for the other one. Hehehehe. I change them every time I get chased by the cops/DNR/etc... i got pics of that somewhere too (the numbers)

Its a ride like no other though! But all in the rider :) Those things are hard to break, too. The orange one bit the dust many a time and never showed it except for some bent bars that a friend of mine bent.

do you think somebody like me(5' 7") who has about 1 hour riding tikme on a badly running piped CR125 could buy a CR500 for dragging purposes only and still live?  because im really skeptical that i would die. :shootself:

if i were you i dont think id attempt it. i dont think you realize the power of a cr500. you better get some riding time in on a 125 and a 250 before you take on a cr500. im pretty sure youd have a better chance living wrestling with a 12 foot croc. :rolleyes:

lrd i dont think it would be to hard for you to lern to ride. just take ur time. but i have been thinkin about buying a cr500 or a kx 500 for a while now i love dirrt bikes and i love power and they seem to be the way to go because they are powerfull dirt bikes. but if i got one i would mod it out and drag it.

the CR500s turn a bit nicer but the KX500s have a stronger engine and are more stable. At least back when I had mine... :)

I ground some unbelievable serious notches out of the clutch basket on the first one, lemme tell you. Ground 'em out and the clutch worked fine for a year till it was sold. Never an issue with those things. Bulletproof.