Trinity Cv Size

KRMit

I might have found someone I can get the Trinity CV Manifold kit from. He doesn't know what size carb is on it and neither of us know how to tell the difference. He said it looks like the one in the picture on Trinity's site, so at least it's probably one that comes in their kit. Therefore it's probably the 33 or 35mm, but how can ya tell?

I guess it depends on the size of the carb, but can anyone give a little jetting advice as well? Dude's bike had a lot of mods so I'm sure it's going to be too rich for me and I have no idea where to start. I'm at about 500 ft elevation and my mods are listed in my sig.

Thanks! :)

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll try that jetting when I get it.

What exactly do you measure?  Won't I need to know the size of the carb to get the jets or are they the same?

All the internals of the 33 and the 35 are absolutely the same part. The jets included. If you want to get technical, there's a nut and a brass idle adjuster that the 33 doesn't have, but everything else is the same. And other than 4 or 5 parts the 33m to the 39mm are the same.

If you were to order parts, it wouldn't make a difference which is 33 and which is 35, the only difference is the bore size.

They will use the same style of jet. To mesure the bore size use a set of calipers(in mm) and mesure the distance across the middle. Some carbs have a slight taper to them so you may have to take a couple of mesurements. One inside as close the slide as you can get, and one as close to the oppening where the boot meets the carb as possible. It may not be exact. For example it may be like 33.3 instead of a true 33mm.

if the carb came from trinity then it's most likely a keihin. if you look on the side just above the bowl there will be a series of letters and numbers stamped there. if you see 70R within the series of L&N's then it's a 35mm, if you see S46 within the L$N's then it's a 33mm.

Say krmit,

I have the 33 I'm 600 ft...50 pilots,"until it gets hotter", 185 main,air screw 2 turns out,...needle 4th clip!..

everything subject to change in about a week or two!