T-5s W/ Porting Jetting

Lepew

Just looking for some opinions on where I should be jetted (pilot, needle,main) with the following mods.

Fastech level II trail port

T-5 pipes and silencers

dual K+Ns on carbs

.035 shaved head

3 degree advanced timing

stock bored carbs (I assume 28mm)

I ride at sealevel between 50-75 degree tempertures

I run T-5 pipes, MP Racing Play/Race Port ,16cc domes in my cool head, 5 degree advance. When I ran stock carbs ,I Ran 30 Pilots Toomy Needles clip in the middle and in 70 degree weather 330 Mains. If I were you I would start higher on the mains and work my way back down. hope this helps. BUT Who ever did the port work REALLY should be the one to tell you how to jet.BTW 600 Feet above sea level.

I bought the bike with all the mods, the seller bought it from the dealer new already built. I was given a list of the mods from the seller that the engine builder wrote. Rumor is the porter isn't around anymore and I can't read the builders signiture on the paper work I got with it. It was jetted #40 pilot, stock needle middle clip and 320 main as the paperwork said. It fouls plugs at that jetting. The #40 pilot doesn't sound right. I dropped the pilot to #30 and adjusted the airscrew and got a crisp throttle response. I then did a "plug chop" on the mains and needle (middle clip and 320). I got the 2mm on the main and slightly more on the needle. I ain't convinced on the plug chop method yet. It seems too lean by "feel" and smell. I'm going to go to a 330 main and going to watch the plugs.

Which end of the country are you....the jetting in Cali is way different then the jettin in the East. I'm learning that now...

You think that might be because of humidity? It isn't very humid on the Oregon coast and I heard the east coast can be.

Which end of the country are you....the jetting in Cali is way different then the jettin in the East. I'm learning that now...

Yeah, very true. You know one thing we don't often consider when giving jeting recomendations is that the humidity is CA is most often almost zero (dry) even in the winter unless it is actually raining outside then its 100%, usually either one or the other and not much in between unless your right on the coast like at Pismo or you go to the Oregon coast dunes. The east coast and other places is often 90 to 100% even on a hot summer day. According to Bens jetting FAQ you could go up 2 sizes on the mains going from high humidity to low humidity and need an air screw adjustment.

I'm seeing 2-4 sizes difference between Cali and Maine....Anyways, for T5 pipes and porting...I would start w/ 350 mains, needles in the 4th clip and try a smaller pilot as well....Do one thing at a time...Your plugs seem close, the pilots could be giving you richer readings when your checking the needles....the pilots works ALL the time so keep that in mind...Find the combo between pilots and needles...you might want to try a leaner pilot and richer needle....you have to figure out which is better for your bike....JKJK's shee w/ T5's ran great w/ 350 mains and needle in the 4th clip from the top w/ stock pilots in Dumont....You have porting so that'll make you a little different..