U Know What I Hate

99screaminshee

I went to a local dealer to buy jets and the guy told me that 330 mains were way to big,and to just use stock 200 mains.I told him that with my mods I needed the 330's and he said mods don't matter and if a Banshee needed 330's Yamaha would of put them on at the factory.He sold me the 330's I wanted,and told me not to come back and complain if my Banshee wouldn't run.Man I love dealers!!! banghead

I went to a local dealer to buy jets and the guy told me that 330 mains were way to big,and to just use stock 200 mains.I told him that with my mods I needed the 330's and he said mods don't matter and if a Banshee needed 330's Yamaha would of put them on at the factory.He sold me the 330's I wanted,and told me not to come back and complain if my Banshee wouldn't run.Man I love dealers!!! banghead

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

We need to have forum dedicated to these morons. Just to post the stories we have about them.

God....that guy has NO BUSINESS working there.

Did you ask him why there are other sizes of jets available for that carburator????

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

hrm, i'm not sure on this but it dident sound right, i called the dealer ship, asked what i needed to do for winter with a stock banshee, they said it would be fine how it was jetted and all. well i kept foulin pulgs and probly unrelated but started havin electrical problems and my friend (runin a stock banshee) messed up his motor. I duno if these were just all luck, or if the dealer thought they could make more money by tellin us that

Cotton that guy was a f$cking clown.This is a quote from his mouth "let's say with the stock jets your Banshee is using a spoonful of gas,if you put those 330's in your giving it a cupful of gas".There is one dealer close by that is a great place to go.They treat you awsome no matter if you buy a new quad from them or a $.50 bolt.

Anybody seen those "Highschool dropout" commercials? Like the one that the kid drops some change in a bum's cup, the bum sez "shouldn't you be in school?", the kid says "I dropped out", and the bum hands the change cup back to him? They should have one like that for they typical dealership:

Banshee owner: hey I need to see if you got a head gasket

Counter guy: we don't have one

Banshee owner: you sure?

Counter guy: yeah

Banshee owner: you gotta have SOME gaskets back there

Counter guy: what's a gasket?

Banshee owner: a gasket, you know a flat thing...wait a sec, if you don't know what it is how do you know you don't have one?

Counter guy: (looks at counter) we got these keychains

Banshee owner: I don't need a keychain, I need a head gasket

Counter guy: well I guess I could order one

Banshee owner: how long would that take?

Counter guy: I dunno, a week or two

Banshee owner: what does the freight cost?

Counter guy: let's see, a super priority red hot emergency order like that would run ya at least 40 clams

Banshee owner: $40? and it takes 2 weeks?!

Counter guy: yeah, those gasket things might take longer

Banshee owner: that's ridiculous. look, you sure you don't have one? I was in here a few months ago for something else and after someone let me into the back to look for it I saw a couple head gaskets...

Counter guy: dude we don't have any of those face gaskets or whatever

Banshee owner: it's a head gasket. man, I got the part number right here, you don't even hafta look it up, just see if you got one.

Counter guy: ok lemme see (stares blankly at part number), huh, nope never seen a number like that. You sure that's not a John Deere part number?

Banshee owner: here, I'll even type the number into the computer, see if it shows any on hand...

Counter guy: ok...well looky there it says we have some back there

Banshee owner: no shit, I just need one of them

Counter guy: I think they come in a set of three

Banshee owner: nooooo, just one

Counter guy: lemme ask someone else, hang on

Banshee owner: dude, can't you just get me one of them?

Counter guy: well, I'm not really the parts guy, I'm the janitor, I'm just covering for him while he's at lunch

Banshee owner: so you don't know where they are?

Counter guy: not really, I just started working here yesterday

Banshee owner: it's April, school's out already?

Counter guy: no I dropped out...

Banshee owner: banghead

BTW the funny thing is that I'm a parts guy, and deal with parts guys all the time (for everything from valves to heavy equipment) and there's always some numb-nut that hasn't a clue.

.......Banshee owner: a gasket, you know a flat thing...wait a sec, if you don't know what it is how do you know you don't have one?

Counter guy: (looks at counter) we got these keychains

LMFAO

I'm going to need a new key board, this one hates coffee. :lol:

I think Bens post is not only hilarious, its TRUE. The sad part is, is these people are raking in the cash as fast as they can.

A similar scenario would be if I were a dentist, with the mad dentistry skillz that I have now. The money dentists make is CRAZY, but I'm not going to just open up an office without some sort of...I dunno...whats that word....begins with.......OH I KNOW!!!! KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE ITEM OR SERVICE I AM SELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JESUS MAN PICK UP A TECH MANUAL!!!! They have like 50 of the Clymers just sitting there...All the dude needs to do is pick one up and read the god damn thing!

After I totalled my bike, I took it to the local dealer (the one that cut my chain wrong by 11 links) to get it inspected for the insurace claim. They get done, I go back to get my bike, and he says.."Here the list of stuff that needs to be replaced. Oh, and you need a new top end. The compression was 90 in one side, and 120 in the other"

:blink:

When the kid started my banshee on the first kick and revved the piss out of it......

:flush: :banghead:

PLUS that top end had less than 4 hours on it.

I'm still running that top end, and it did fine in Dumont. The cold cranking comp is 155 right now.

The other dealer I went to said "Oh, just leave it here, with your insurance info. Well get it back to you in a week" f*ck THAT! I told him I just wanted a quote for my insurance agent

"Well, aren't you going to have us do the work??"

"no." I said.

"Well then, I can't give you a quote."

:yank:

Can't give me a quote?????  I would have shoved that little monkey faced knuckle draggin neanderthol's head soooo far up his ass and then screwed him repeatedly for nonsense like that. :shootself: I hate moronic dealers..........

:o

note to self : remember not to piss boonman off :bolt:

this reminds me of the time i went to auto zone for a head gasket for a 5.7 chevy v-8(of course everyone knows is a small block chevy 350) i went up the the counter and told the guy, a younger guy, so i didnt think he knew what cubic inches were, so as not to confuse him,you know auto zone, "i need a head gasket for a 5.7 chevy" he replys "chevy never made a 5.7" i stared at him with the most awestruck face, shook my head and walked out. or the time i went for some 1/8 inch brake line, they guy hands me a 5 ft. section of 3/8 brake line, a clear difference in size. i told him "no, i need 1/8 brake line" he replies "that is 1/8 brake line" i turned the sticker over so he could see the label on it "oops hehe."dumbasses. im not saying im the brightest crayon in the box, but i know what a chevy "5.7" is and what 1/8in. brake line looks like!!!! DAMMMMMMNN!

i either mail order my parts, or go to this little shop about 2 miles from me. the owner is the only guy that works there, he doesnt have much inventory, he doesnt deal any new quads or bikes(the place i got my banshee sux, but i didnt expect service, i just wanted a new banshee)prices arent the greatest, but the service is exceptional, the guy really knows his bikes and quads, and he treats everyone with respect. for shops like that im willing to pay a little more to help out the little guys.

yeh, i got lots of shit to say here.

lets start with..my bronco. everytime i go for parts...is it 2 or 4 wheel?-did they ever make a 2 wheel bronco? fuc no.

is it a 4 dor?-yeh, all broncos have 4 dors!

what year did u say again?-everytime, at least once.

i needed a relay to power up my pcm. sped boys says there is no relay for that. bullshit, i got it in my hand. i found it in the book, i work at a ford dealer. i know thats what it is.

ohh, the other day we tryin to fix my friends car in the lot at school-no spark past coil, desprate, so we slam a coil(i know, dint diagnose it, but outta time)we go to the store.....need a coil for a towncar-girl like, is that a chrysler? ha, no. lincoln. we set it on the counter. she is like ohh. she want a starter coil? right....my igntion coil right in front of u is a starter coil..wtf is a starter coil? i was tryin not to laugh.

my shee, couldnt get it runnin for along time. my bro works at a stealership, so he says, ill take it in. few weeks later they finally have time...4 days later they give it bac-no idea whats wrong. take a shit load of my money. and guess. come on...................................................................yeh, some reason i never checked the plugs(i was new at it). thats all it was!

so recently, i cant figure it out again, weeks of workin at it, askin everybody. i give up. make an appointment. day comes. i drop it off. oh. we lost ur appointment, come bac in like 3 weeks. ha, im leavin on vacation in a week. i wanna fucin ride, thats the reason i take vacation. anwyas. the problem was the carb boot between the carb and jug had a hairline crack-screwin it all up. ran great after waitin for a week for the dam thing to come in.

or i needed some sprokets....they dint have any stock sprokets for a shee! how do u not stock sumthing that wears out on a common quad? no gaskets or seals either, i swear they dont stock anything. we even have to order oil sumtimes.

or when i needed new bearings for my swingarm, that toke like an hr to get my point across as to what i wanted. the guy behind me oredered the same thing for a 97shee as well.-huh

or ppl that tell me to sell my bone for a truc when i tell them its a 91. but when they see it, there like its new. duh, iver rreplased everything from body, to engine, to tranny, to suspension. y would i drive it to a junkyard now?

ppl just need to think before they speak and remove all doubt that their head is up there ass.-dont worry im tryin to do the same, cuz i know i dont know shit, hence y i dont act like i do. im always askin, and only speak from my own experience, not whta i think. banghead

w/e. this helped alot, thanks yall

peace out

ive herd that 5.7 thing b4. they made a 350 and a 305, not a 5.0 or 5.7. right...dumbass. but u can get a stock tempo with a 5.8, cuz thats a 4 cylinder, right? ;) cuz thats less than 2 cc's per cylinder, it has to be a 4 cylinder. yeh, my banshee has a 350, and my truc a 351. thats y i tow my truc w/ my shee when im tired of towin the other way. or the guy that was on here askin if it is 350 in each cylinder. or the guys that say, u got a 350, thats a single cylinder. y r there 2 exhausts? that must be an aftermarket exhaust, cuz i never saw that b4. :lol:

peace out

listen to this i just got home from the yammie dealer.......................

2 weeks ago i ordered a WISECO TOP END KIT when i ordered it i told them i need a .40 WISECO TOP END KIT FOR A BANSHEE 350 i go to pick it up today they hand me 2 small boxes that say GENUINE YAMAHA PART ok maybe a different box i open 1 and it has a fucking piston for a fucking warrior the basterd that i talked to said u said a 350 banshee not a 350 twin i said does yamaha make a 4 stroke banshee he says yes i think so i said f*ck no they dont u dummy he said i know im rite because i work at a yamaha dealer so i got another employee to come up and i asked HER if yamaha makes a 4stroke banshee she says no banshees r 2 stroke everyone knows that i said well he dont.

so once again im sitting around waiting for the right parts again goddam how i hate dealers

f*ck IT I JUST ORDERED 1 OFF EBAY f*ck U MILLERS YAMAHA

• 2 weeks later...
If I had the cash flow I would start a Yamaha Shop like no other. Everyone that worked there would either know what the hell is going on, or they would be out on their ass.

None of this calling the dealer looking for a part. They say its in, at this price. You get there, its not in, or they give you the wrong part, and the price is 3 dollars more than what was quoted to you over the phone.

The first thing I would do is kick out all the red necks hanging out trying to become someones friend. Then I'd give the boot to all the dumb assed employees. I'd just fire everyone and do it myself.

Lets do it Stan!

I can work the show room floor and talk to the customers. I have a way with persuading people into buying products. :clap: