I Have Some Money To Spend But Dunno What To Buy..

you could do a lot for a little price, mill the head, lighten the flywheel, port the reed cages and get some aftermarket reeds, advance the timing and the parts you said for probably 200 bucks, then move on from there probably gonna wanna do the shee suspension cause they have horrible ones

What mods do you already have? I'd go with a coolhead and bump the compression up a little bit to about 155-160 or so. Get some dual stage reeds great increase in throttle response over stock reeds, timing key, tires if you dont already have good ones for your type of riding....maitenance stuff, brakes if they need it soon, sprockets and chain, etc.

If you are on an unwelded crank I wouldnt port it, it could rip the crank apart. I also wouldnt port it until you're sure what you want to do with the engine. Like if you want a stroker eventually, you're gonna have to get portwork done for that stroker, and you want to port transfers for the rest of how the engine is setup, if you want to change something later like go to a stroker, you might want different types of things done with the porting that you wont be able to do because its already been ported. Just things to think about. I just know I'm not going with portwork until I rip into the bottom of an engine.

Hey,

If your gonna port it...just tell jim you may want a stroker in the futer. I told Jim that when he ported my jugs....and he ported so I can run a stroker in the future....

Port that shit......Passion Racing all the way....

Nick

400 bucks ain't going to get you a whole lot. Save it up and do some general maintainence. Nothing worse then blowing 400 bones on a few parts to find out you need to burn a 1000 to fix the other parts around it in order to get those previously bought parts to work right. I wouldn't port the motor until your ready to rebuild. A set of aftermarket reeds won't let you down, but new bushings, bearings, chain and sprockets will be a much better investment. Fix the problems that are bugging you first.