Tell 'em You Love 'em

dirtclod20

Hello all, I just have a small sad story to pass along in hopes that you all will gain from my loss. I am a 23 year old young man and unfortnately I came home monday to find my best friend lifeless in his den. My dad was 59 years old and had no major health problems. He was a retired from being a locomotive engineer for over33 years for CSX/L&N, a Mason, Shriner, Vietnam Vet, and a father of two boys, my brother being 26, my mom being 55. He had type 2 diabeties which means a pill a day took care of any sugar problems. He and mom started the atkins diet 1 week ago in hope he could reach the his weight when he came out of the Air Force. If you know anyone planning to start a new diet, tell them to check with their doctor first. Tell them a friend you know may have lost his father b/c he didn't. I'm not saying the diet killed him, but I've found out that a doctor would have informed him probably not to try the diet being a diabetic. Just think!

Secondly, tell your family or anyone you care about how much you love them. Take the time to push some paper work aside or laptop away. Turn off the t.v. and ask how their day was. You never know when your time is up on this world, and if you'll never talk to them again. You'll feel better if you can remember the last time you said you loved them or how important they are to you.

My hopes aren't to offend anyone or bring anyone down, but no one thinks there loved ones may be gone in an instant. Next time you start to get mad or draw out a long fight, thing what could happen while you're mad at one another over something that probably won't matter next month.

For any religous people out there, say a prayer for my family.

Marc Coyle