Barrel Rolling A Honda

BlueBansheeTwin

well me and my cousin were out ridin around this gravel road. the road went straight for a little ways, and then curved sharply... i wasnt familular with this road, and i was racing my cousin, who had a 400EX, i was on my 300EX.. of crouse he was kickin my ass, but i wasnt gonna let up.. So i was in 4th or 5th gear pinned, cant remember now, couldnt rememebr then afterwards either. Heres why, when we came to that curve, my cousin's widened 400EX could barely make the turn without flipping over... My unwidened 300EX didnt fair so well. I jacked on the breaks but this only seemed to make me go faster.. So as i was doing between 40 and 50 when next thing i nkow, my 300EX is barrel rolling into the woods. when it finally landed, with me still attached to it, it landed on me, puttin my back on a root. my cousin came over screaming, because he thought i was dead. He said out of all the crashes he's ever seen, on huevos grandes and in life, that was the worst. It did 3 barrel rolls, with me on it, into the woods into an uncleared path at 50 mph.. thank god i was wearking a helmet. It break my visor and dented the helmet in a few places. i managed to walk out of it with no broken bones somehow, and a few bruises and a really sore back. Lesson learned, if your gonna do 50 around a corner, get a banshee.. I've done what i tried to do on the EX many times with my banshee, and actually made it..

Ya i have a pretty good story about the chest protector too.. its not to exciting but it shows why you shouldnt ride a suzuki too hard... when i was first learning to ride, i had a suzuki LT160.. well i went off a little pile of rocks and the thing hadl ike no suspension.. needless to say i caught the handlebars in the ribs... it swelled up and got all purple and green. i invested in a protector after that one.

you wanna hear somethign gross.. my uncle was out ridin' one day on his 250R three wheeler, and he was going down the side of the road, and they had just cleared the trees in a ditch so there were all kinds of pointy stumps in the ditch... he rolled it over into the ditch and put one through his side... he was hospitalized for a long time, and when he got out his mother had to take care of him and feed him andwhat not. they had to clean the wound out everyday.. talk about painful

i got all kinds of stories, i've been ridin' for 11 years, since i was 4 years old and younger. and my family has had ATV's since the first three wheeler. we got some pretty good stories. not to mention we're all back country hicks :D

your lucky, stlbull did about the same thing and ended up breaking his back. He'll recover greatly due to wearing a chest protector that spread the impact across his back. If he wasnt wearing it he probably would never ride....let alone walk again.

the reason the 300EX did that was because iw asnt able to kick out the rear end... it had to much side bite... the banshee, no side bite, i can kick otu the rear end, and it sits so low. great machines.. possibly the funniest thing i've EVER seen... my friends dad goes out and buys this brand new 2004 raptor... and theres this hill i'm climbin' with my shee, and he has to be all bad ass and he goes for it... he gets halfway up it, it wheelies, and cartwheels to the bottom of the hill. HILARIOUS. brand new machine, second time riding it, and he does that. kind of made me sick, cuz he sees white and red plastic rolling, i see 6500 up in flames.

Then the next time i go ridin with him, he's drag racing me and i was on my KFX 400, he gave me a head start and i just managed to get him, but he hit a jump at the end of the pit we were drag racing at, flew threw the air, his nose end plowed into another jump and he somehow managed to not endo and jump that... guys a crash bandit... i think the falls have damaged his brain.. he thinks that raptor can beat a banshee! lol mine hasnt been rebuilt in 5 years, its sucked dirt and has a slipping clutch, and his raptor just barely beats it... well, my banshee is in the shop now, 20 over bore, boost bottle, port and polish and milled heads... i'm gonna show him what the meaning of ass kickin' means.

LOL i'm trying to be nice. he's pretty good...sometimes... it just depends on if he's trying to ride out of his skill level, or just isnt paying attention. he DOES wear a helmet, so i salute him there... but he just isnt used to the raptor.. those are so narrow and wheelie so easy. i could see where he would crash it a lot ridin' it as hard as he can. i hate to say it... but theyare pretty quick too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey BlueBansheeTwin. Good to hear that you didn't hurt yourself worse. I have a similar story where I was on a gravel road going around a corner on some logging roads and I ended up sliding across the corner into a ditch flipping the quad about four times. I flew off of it first and when it was tumbling I could hear it getting closer and then stopped on it's side. I was lucky I didn't hurt myself badly but my helmet is also what saved me!

You know, the fine art of bailing is something you should learn.

Tip One, let the quad absorb the majority of the impact.

Tip two, let go and try to push yourself to the side. I won't hurt as bad as you think

tip three, don't fight, let your helmet do it's job relax and go with the flow

tip four, listen, if you hear another rider coming get the f*ck out of the way, don't worry wich way your going, just go.

a few tips in the finer art of bailing. It doesn't have to be gracefull, but it's better then hanging on and letting the machine crush you.

last summer onthe 4th og july i wa son a dirt road up the mountainson my worked blaster with 265 trinity motor racing my cousins stock banshee and he got out in front of me and he slid and totaly roosted me and it was so dusty and so many rocks that i went straightinto the sid eof the mountain i rolled abotu 60 yeard and the quad went endover end for over 40 yards up the side of a mountain! well make a short story shorter concussion, bad scrapes sore neck and back and front tire touching foot peg on left side and the swing arm snaped of fand ripped the sub frame offand just destroyed the whole quad! oh well live and learn.

• 5 weeks later...