Coalfest

Meat

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about fuel is there racec fuel available up in PA or should I be bringing my own from Mass ??

Yes Chase, there is race fuel up here in pa...i work at www.gapracing.com and we sell VP racing fuel...and its only 15 mins from where we'll be camping/riding...so if u need anything, we carry just about anything in stock...

As for location, CoalFest will be held between the towns of Trevorton, and Shamokin...central Pa....about 50 miles north of Harrisburg and 50 miles south of Williamsport...I think we might have to post some directions from a couple major cities in pa, to get u guys close, then more specific directions to get to the campsite(area), as we get closer to the date....

Hope that helps!!!

hey it's good to see something local! send me the dates,i'm located in barnesville,south of mahony city,might take but a hour too get there!do you's ever get down near shanndo,a here they got some big climbs there too!darkhollow6495@hotmail.com :ph34r:

Shamokin is the name of the city, zip code is 17872.  Look up Treverton too. I dont know treverton's zip.  We'll be riding in the abandon coal strip mines behind the two towns.  Everyone's invited.  Looks like its going to happen sometime in July.

MAPQUEST

Also, peeps this post, right in this very thread!!!!!!! Has the zip code, AND a link to the mapquest...... :o:ph34r::clap::dance::bolt::cheers:banghead:whoa:

im there just need a date

yo anthony , if you go , im in too

clint im def. going i always wanted to ride up there. and now that so many people are going i got an excuse to cut out on my birthday and skip the usual family crap . so i guess you are going .

Chase73,

I need to run at least C-12 which i think is 108 (Dan told me C-12 is good for me that's all I really know). So I'd be willing to chip in for a 30 gallon drum of C-12 or better race gas. You figure were gonna each run through at LEAST 5 gals a day, probably more. So you figure 10 gals a piece for the weekend which would be 30 gals for us 3. Buying in bulk will be cheaper for us. I can look into ordering up the drum then split it three ways when we get there.

If more people are interested we could go for a 55 Gal drum.

I'll be in Virginia with family that weekend so I'm not gonna be able to go. (damn that sentence really makes me sound like a hillbilly)

Better luck next time I guess. Have fun guys, it's a hell of a good time up there. Just remember, a lot of the hills, you gotta commit once you get past a certain point, and if your not sure your gonna make it, you probably wont, so turn off before your quad becomes a pile of rubbish. It's good to have guys already at the top of a hill to grab quads before they start rolling too. You'll get the idea.

I'll be in Virginia with family that weekend so I'm not gonna be able to go.

ahh that sucks. you gotta work something out with the family, tell em that your busy that weekend and you'll see em the following weekend.....

....... and you gotta change your user name from "." back to abyss or something, how in the hell am I supossed to say your user name damit :) period

Boonman your last two replies were funny, I was just telling Rustyrider a few hours eariler that someone one just asked for the 20th time where and when is coalfest. I told RustyRider that im not answering those 2 questions anymore... cause all you have to do is read the thread and everything is answered. So are you coming down ??? I have an ice cold Yuengling Lager with your name on it.

Race gas. RustyRider can hook yas up, try to decided what you want and how much of it ASAP so he can order it up and make sure its here for June. GapRacing is a great little local shop, im like a kid in a candy store when I go there.

We're going to work on the base camp this weekend.... clean up the area cause there's some trash layin' around. Make a nice fire pit and cut down some of those saplings. Should be a nice place to camp when we're done. There's a big canyon dug about 100 yards away from camp. It was made by the coal companies and its pretty deep. Id say the canyon walls are about 70 feet tall. You can ride to the bottom of the canyon and the bottom is nice and flat. At the bottom of this canyon, we're planning on making a drag strip. Just gonna clean up the area so no one runs over any glass and we'll make a start and finish line using some lime. Spectators will have an excellent place to veiw any drag racing from up on the rim of the canyon looking down at the quads racing. I'll get some pictures of the canyon online soon.