Been Out Of The Loop

My dad passed away last week, had to burry him over the weekend. Has got to be the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, not only did I lose my dad; I lost my best friend. He's the person I have to thank for my Led Zeppelin obsession, he raised me right! :lol: It's just weird not having him around or not seeing him here at work. He was one hell of a guy & was definately a unique individual to say the least. He was a hardcore duner and loved watching me ride the Banshee, he was an ex-MX'r himself. He actually signed a letter of intent to race MX for Yamaha when he was 18yrs old...3 weeks later he broke his neck & collar bone and had to pass up their offer. He was looking forward to helping me out in MX this season & I was too. But life sucks & he's better off now I guess...I know he'll be there watch'n still. I just thought I'd share for those who give a hoot. He's now up there riding the big dunes! :P;)

oldmanwheelie.jpg

Now my buggy! :D hehe,...is a bit different than in the pics, is a gunmetal grey. I'm going to get it powdercoated sometime along with my quads....it's got a 1968 VW Stroker motor, ratio rockers, WD130 Cam, dual 40 delarto carbs, Lowgear Bus IRS tranny, Neal single-handle turning break, CNC pedals, 16.50 Competetor Paddles & some other goodies...it was his pride & joy. ;)

Ride on!

Led Zeppelin B)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot guys, he's already being missed & will be forever. All I got is good times to remeber, same for everyone that knew him. He was probably the funniest, sick minded, perverted person I've ever known--always having a good time at any cost, still had that shit-eat'n grin on his face in the casket. He was the type of guy & still is, when you ask if someone knows him, if they do; they're guaranteed to laugh or say 'oh god' before admitting to know him. :lol: Got me some big shoes to fill...and have to carry on the King name! :D

Damn,Led. This is shit news. You described him as a funny,sick-minded,knowledgable person. He would have been a blast to have on the HQ.Blend right in.I wish you and your family well during the the time of loss.

Anything on you mind feel free to post.Alot of open ears here. :)

Sorry for your loss. I know all to well what it is like. I went home one day to find that my dad had died from a heartattack. There were no prior problems so it was a major hit. I worked with him at our business as well working on our farm together. I was 19 and lived at home. Basically, we spent all day together. He was the type of guy that knew everything (although at 19 I thought I knew more) and was able to teach me quite a bit of it. Now, everyday, I use something that he taught me and it reminds me of the connection we share even though he has been gone for over 2 years.

At his funeral, the preacher said every once in a while he would see or think of something and think, "I'll have to tell dad about that. Then reality hits." I can't count how many times I have done same thing.

Also, That is a kick-ass buggy!!!

So, so, so sorry to hear about this Led... :( I lost my father the year before last, (he was only 56) and it's still tough to the date and I'm sure will be for a while. Just be sure to keep your head up and mind in good spirits; I always have believed all things do happen for a reason, good or bad....Best wishes to you and your family!

Travis

Thanks again all for the support, it's still hard to believe he's gone. He died from hepatitis C(sp?), he got it back in '86 after he got his hand cut off & re-attached,...got it from a blood transfusion before they knew about the disease. Well it attacked his liver. He went to the doc last Monday, they told him he's got 2-6months, ended up being only 1 day & he was gone. :( At least I was able to say goodbye, assure him I'd take care of mom & everything, and that I loved him. One of the last things he told me was "keep them vulture'n son's-a-bitches away from my buggy, it's yours now." :P It's just fucked up how shit can happen so quick, but I'm glad he didn't have to struggle in pain for sometime & that it did happen quickly. He was an alcoholic for the past few years, and we figured that'd be what killed him; but the hepatitis got to him 1st. He was only 49, would have been 50 tomorrow, the 11th. I'll be 21 in April. Here's the obituary, left out a lot, but owell, he was one of the most qualified officers in the state of KS....

---

Gregory Clarence King, 49, of Winfield, died Feb. 5, 2004, at his home.

Services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Grandview United Methodist Church. Masonic burial rites will follow in Mount Vernon Cemetery northwest of Winfield.

Friends may call at Miles Funeral Service until 9 tonight.

Memorials have been established with Grandview United Methodist Church and Hospice Care of Kansas. Contributions may be made through the funeral home.

King was born Feb. 11, 1954, in Columbus, Ga., to Florence Rose (Elam) and Clarence King. He graduated from Winfield High School in 1972 and attended Southwestern College.

On May 1, 1975, he married Melinda White in Winfield. They moved to Eureka Springs, Ark., where King attended a police academy. He worked as a law enforcement officer for a number of years in Arkansas and in St. John before moving to Udall. There he served as chief of police. He most recently worked at Key Creations in Udall.

King attended Grandview United Methodist Church and the Belle Plaine Masonic Lodge. He was also an officer in the Drug Abuse Resistance Education program.

Survivors include his wife, Melinda King, and a son, Brandon King, both of Winfield; two daughters, Amanda King, Chicago, and Deseree` Groene, Winfield; a sister, Stephanie Lynne, Winfield; and a grandson.

---