Help! Head Bolt Stripped!

OMFG!! I installed a new set of domes on my aftermarket head and when I tried to torque one of the head bolts, it just began to spin out of the cylinder..... There are now no threads left in the hole for the stud to screw into!!! It's the bolt that is closest to the exhaust port!

How do I fix this? Is a heli coil the only way????

HELP!!

I don't know if this link will work or not... But here it goes..

f9c94889.jpg

Edit:

Fixed ya up in the pic department. Click the edit button for this post, and see how I did it!! Then, you can post your pics with ease. ;)

Edited by boonman

However, in softer materials, a heli coil can be beneficial. We manufare our own machinery. In a hole that gets used alot, a helicoil is sometimes installed right off the bat. THey work. We use them all the time. Fixing machines and what not. I owuld have no problem putting a helicoil in there. A solid insert could be put in as well. You would just have to drill the hole larger to fir the insert. SOmetimes, there is no room for it...

machine shops have solid inserts.a heli coil is a temporary fix.an insert is tapped into the head.i just had one done for reas11.

:D

I only have 6-32 and 8-32 I don't have any metric sizes. <_<

Im not the biggest fan of the heli coil. I use the thread inserts that have a spanner type drive on them. I guess you can use a common screwdriver to put them in with.