Next Mod: Timing Advance Or Delta V-force Reeds?

Banshee0028

Banshee0028,

I have Vforce. They and added considerable all around. You probably have a little more compression than mine with your 18's I am not sure when there is a need race gas or at least a mix of it & pump gas. I run 20cc domes and am going to advance timing 4 deg. I have 160 lbs compression both sides. With no more compression than I have, I wonder if there is any danger of detonation with straight pump gas after the timing advance?

Thanks

You will burn your spark plugs tip off and then the white porsilen will fall down and the piston will smash that porsilen into your head and make pits on your dome and your pistons untill it falls out. You will not notice that this is happing untill you check your plugs. It sucks, been there done that twice in a row. I am going to run straight race gas now.

I heard if going to change your reeds out go with (G3 Power Curve Reed Valves). Said nothing even close to there performance on the market. They are the only reeds that are adjustable. Call William Holgren at 1 Dir Racing @ 858-679-3288. I read this on texasatvs.com forums under open atv discussion.

Duece, The G3 power curve is that arch on the gillete mach3 razors ;) .

I'm gonna go against the grain here..... what excactly is your mx setup?? Spacers?? Flipped rims??? or a-arms and axle?? If your 1/2 serious about riding hard or doing any kinda mx, I suggest doing chassis mods. All the power in the world won't do you shit if you can put it to good use.

Mike

Duece, The G3  power curve is that arch on the gillete mach3 razors ;) .

I'm gonna go against the grain here..... what excactly is your mx setup??  Spacers?? Flipped rims??? or a-arms and axle??  If your 1/2 serious about riding hard or doing any kinda mx, I suggest doing chassis mods.  All the power in the world won't do you shit if you can put it to good use.

Mike

thanks mike i was wondering what the hell that was..........im allways looking for a close shave, im gonna go ahead and give those a try.....

Duece, The G3  power curve is that arch on the gillete mach3 razors ;) .

I'm gonna go against the grain here..... what excactly is your mx setup??  Spacers?? Flipped rims??? or a-arms and axle??  If your 1/2 serious about riding hard or doing any kinda mx, I suggest doing chassis mods.  All the power in the world won't do you shit if you can put it to good use.

Mike

Well, the MX setup is ITP offset beadlock wheels, front and rear, no a-arms.....The pipes, porting, etc are for mx/low end...Not many chassis mods..he had mostly engine with the ITP wheel offsets...NOthing drastic....I was thinking of doing the axle/a-arms in the future...I just bought it like this so will have to make my own adjustkments :ph34r:

you really dont need axles and width to fly on a track, you need to drop it with good shocks that can soak up the obsticles, so you can smoke around corners(you might have to lean a little more with a shorter axle) i run a stock axle on my mx bike, with offset itp's, but im also 9inches off the ground and am pounding really off camber lines, the wider axle pitches you around and slows you down, and id rather my axle bend than my nice -2 swingarm, but i have to go with mike, i would rather have a killer suspension and chassis than anything else, my motor, i might be at 6000 rpm and a stock motor be at 8000 rpm, but if i cant hang on for mx it wouldnt matter if i had a sewing machine motor or F-22 engine, soon as i really haul ass im gonna eat it..... if i had a dragster in a stock chassis and could say pull 90 seconds around a short mx track, give me a stock pipe and motor with a -2 swingarm, +2 aarms a inch or 2 forward and killer shocks, i can do that same lap in a minute flat....

I tend to agree with you on this now....Learing alot being on the HQ....The suspension and chassis mods are critical esp around a MX track!!

I might still do the timing and/or Reeds soon, but my next MAJOR modification/upgrade will definately be some SHOCKS then possibly some +2 a-arms later :D

you really dont need axles and width to fly on a track, you need to drop it with good shocks that can soak up the obsticles, so you can smoke around corners(you might have to lean a little more with a shorter axle) i run a stock axle on my mx bike, with offset itp's, but im also 9inches off the ground and am pounding really off camber lines, the wider axle pitches you around and slows you down, and id rather my axle bend than my nice -2 swingarm, but i have to go with mike, i would rather have a killer suspension and chassis than anything else, my motor, i might be at 6000 rpm and a stock motor be at 8000 rpm, but if i cant hang on for mx it wouldnt matter if i had a sewing machine motor or F-22 engine, soon as i really haul ass im gonna eat it..... if i had a dragster in a stock chassis and could say pull 90 seconds around a short mx track, give me a stock pipe and motor with a -2 swingarm, +2 aarms a inch or 2 forward and killer shocks, i can do that same lap in a minute flat....

I tend to agree with you on this now....Learing alot being on the HQ....The suspension and chassis mods are critical esp around a MX track!!

I might still do the timing and/or Reeds soon, but my next MAJOR modification/upgrade will definately be some SHOCKS then possibly some +2 a-arms later :D

I just nutted up and ordered (waiting on pay-pal money request)a set of quicksand +2+1 a-arms and a used lsr axle. Not cheap by any means at all... but for 100$ you could do a mod that few have heard of unless there seriously into mx... a guy on here by the name of mrmatt will cut your stock swingarm for you for 100$+shipping. If I had to do it all over again my mods would go: -2.5 swingarm, Pipe&filter, shocks....... I like it that much. Just make sure you don't skimp out on the shocks... if you want to go big you don't neccasarly have to pay big either. I picked up my front elkas for 312$ to the door.

Mike