Banshee Hp Whitch Is True

lian

ok ive been searching for pipes i decided fmf but when i look at the dyno charts on fmfracing.com its say banshee is only around 37 or 35 and i alway heard banshees are around that hp stock and how much does the would the silenceser add or do they just take weight off i need to know all this becouse im about to buy my pipes next week

thanks for replys

yah i noticed with the pwercores 2 i big difrences in flow execpt the left one did not mount up good one of the tabs was a quarter of inche to the left or somthing that pissed me off has anyone had the trouble with mounting the pipes

Go take a look at www.toomey.com they have a dyno chart that say the SST makes way more power than what fmf shows on there chart.They show like 51hp or so on toomeys site.

There site claims the new TR-6 is made for a stock motor so i can only guess that the dyno charts are from a stock motor.

I hope this helps you more than it did me. :D

It just adds to the confusion in my brain :(

it does not state what mods are on these bikes that where dynoed on the toomey site. I know for fact there not stock. Heres what it took to get 50peak rear wheel hp out of a set of pro cuircuits

unifilter clamp on filters.

stock carbs jetted correctly(we used gas analyser on the dyno to get the right ratios)

ported reed cages with carbontech reeds

ported intakes and transfer ports

matched cylinder to case

hot rods crank(for durability)

wiseco 40thou over pistons.

Shaved head(150 psi cold)

Pro curcuits and silencers.

i thot the shees wer 40hp + stock and with toomeys 50+  <_<

Go and get your bike dynoed if you dont believe me. I would no believe any of those charts. And the other thing is what gear were the runs done in???

All dyno runs on the banshee should be done in 5th gear as this is all but 1:1 ratio through the box. This will give your most accurate reading.

the toomys will give you more peak HP than the FMF's (T5's vs Fattys) I dunno about SSTs Vs T6's

But the Fattys will give you a couple more HP all the way up to the top (more area) than the toomys Just depends what you want...

Banshees are around 35HP stock I believe. 40+ might be the power of the engine but not rear-wheel as mentioned. And dynos will varey.

As for mounting, banshee frames are not perfect, its probably your frame that is slightly off rather than the pipes. Don't worry though its normal, you may have to slightly tweak the pipe to get it into place.

You should also modify your air box and filter at the same time you get pipes.

Make sure to re-jet B)

• 3 weeks later...

Take those dyno charts and throw them out the window. You dont' know if those shees are jetted correctly for those pipes....that'll affect the dyno a LOT....Besides, peak hp means nothing....some of the fastest quads have the least hp...Its not how much hp you have, its where you put it....