What’s the best tires for a Banshee?

So.. as you all know by now I’m new but also at the same time late to the Banshee world. I recently bought a mint condition 2005 Special Edition Banshee a little over a week ago. Yesterday I took her out for the first time and I had one hell of a blast and I should have bought a Banshee years ago. 

So… I’m looking to replace the stock Dunlop tires. I’m going to be riding in a variety of different terrains. I was at my local dealership and they are having a tire sale until Monday 3/4/24. Here’s what they have in stock and on sale for tires.*(6 ply) CST Pulse - $375 *(6 ply) Kenda Havok XC - $325 *(6 ply) Kenda Klaw XC - $315 *(6 ply) Maxxis Razr - $350 *(6 ply) GBC XC Master - $340 *(6 ply) Itp Holeshot XCR - Way Over Priced *(6 ply) Sedona Bazooka XC - $330

I didn’t want to mess around with having my stock tires and wheels dismounted to just use my oem wheels so I just went ahead and ordered a set of Alba Racing’s Black on Black Bead lock wheels. 

What’s your opinion on which tires?  

Thanks, 

Jake 

Edited by HeavyHauler

Currently on my Banshee I’m running the 21x7-10 and 20x11-9 6 ply Kenda Klaw XC. I like them a lot because they have excellent traction in all types of terrain that I ride in and the added bonus is with the rear tires because you can run them in 2 different directions. One direction is for soft terrain then the other direction is for a medium to hard terrain. As for my wheels I’m using my oem black wheels that I had powder coated semi gloss black. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice on the tires guys! I missed out on what they had in stock in the CST pulse tires because I got stuck out on the road for work yesterday and I finally made it home today and right after work I went to pick up a set and they were sold out. So I got a couple more days to search around to see what I can find before the sale ends on Monday. On the other hand according to Alba Racing and the tracking number they gave me it says that I should have the wheels by Friday. 

Thanks, 

Jake

I've tried the Razr's, Itp holeshot HD's and GBC XC Master. GBC was superior everywhere for soft medium and hard terrain on the east coast. Holeshot HD's had the best side bite but were so square hated letting loose and getting the backend to slide.

I got my wheels from Alba Racing today and I’m very pleased on the quality of the wheels. I also picked up a set of Kenda Klaw XC’s. I couldn’t pass up the deal that they sold them to me for. So now I have something to do tomorrow while it’s raining here. 

Thanks again, 

Jake 

Thank You JerzOutlaw350 for the recommendation on the Kenda Klaw XC tires. I didn’t expect to go riding today with my buddies because of all the rain we got yesterday but they called me early this morning and wanted to know if I wanted to go riding and I didn’t hesitate and went riding and boy I’m very happy with the way tires performed.

Thanks, 

Jake

• Like 1