What’s The Best Water Pump Rebuild Options?

I’m working on my neighbors 2002 Banshee with a Coolhead with 22cc domes. So today while a group of us were out riding his water pump seal blew. So I got the banshee here in my garage and I drained all the oil out of the transmission and then I got the entire coolant system flushed out of all the white milky crap. I found the easiest way to clean out the coolant system of the white milky crap is to use hot water at about 135* or so mixed with dawn dish soap. Then I remove the drain bolts and copper washers from the cylinders and I removed the oem water pump cover and it still has oem water pump impeller installed and then I continued to flush the system out until the water was completely clear and I also removed the overflow bottle and got that all cleaned out and got both rubber hoses cleaned out as well. So now my question is What’s The Best Water Pump Rebuild Option Parts Wise?

Edited by JerzOutlaw350
Missed a word

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the advice guys. I’m going to check out what the BHQ sponsors have to offer. So aside of fixing the water pump I noticed when I removed the side cover I found another problem and I showed the owner and I told him that while I have it apart it would be a good time to replace the parts that are worn out and he said go ahead and replace what ever needs to be replaced. This Banshee still has the original clutch installed but the clutch basket fingers have deep grooves worn into them. So aside of fixing the water pump now I have to shop for a clutch basket, clutch Kit, pancake bearing and a couple other little things to complete the repair. I’ll give an update on where I got the parts from in a little while. Thanks again!! 

Edited by JerzOutlaw350

Thanks again for the advice guys and I appreciate it very much. I purchased everything I needed from Jeff @ F.A.S.T Racing. I explained to Jeff what I was doing and he made a recommendation and then set me up with everything I needed for the repair.   Thanks to Jeff @ F.A.S.T Racing for the excellent customer service and I would highly recommend F.A.S.T Racing to anyone!!  👍👍

2 hours ago, JerzOutlaw350 said:

Thanks again for the advice guys and I appreciate it very much. I purchased everything I needed from Jeff @ F.A.S.T Racing. I explained to Jeff what I was doing and he made a recommendation and then set me up with everything I needed for the repair.   Thanks to Jeff @ F.A.S.T Racing for the excellent customer service and I would highly recommend F.A.S.T Racing to anyone!!  👍👍

That's awesome. I took a screen shot and sent that to Jeff.