- cool head

- Toomey t-5’a

- vito’s reeds

- Vito’s  billet intake 

- 28mm PWK’s

-  Uni pods

air screw half turn out, really rich

air screw one turn, idles to the moon, idle adjustment does nothing

air screw 1.5 turns out, really lean, idles to the moon, idle adjustment does nothing.

Stock PWK  135 main / 38 slow 

should I start with checking for leaks?  (installed the intake/reed gaskets dry). 
Take them apart and reassemble with some yamabond?

the bog and oil smelling smoke tells me it’s  rich, correct? Do I downsize the main to allow for less fuel, and adjust the airscrew again ? I thought with the air pods I would be running lean and would need to upsize the main ?

As for test riding, she’s currently staying warm in the basement for winter….

- and yes, I’ve searched and read all the forum topics already.

Definitely gotta stop smoking grass while working on my ‘Shee ! 
Installed the 165/52 jets still couldn’t get a decent high idle, figured I’d try a #50 pilot, took the carbs apart…..again….wouldn’t you know it, I never put the main jet in one carb and the slow jet wasn’t threaded in !! WTF ?!?!! 
after smokin some more grass I’m happy too say everything is back together and running awesome. As awesome as I can get without riding her.  Thrilled to say the least, and definitely learned a lot about carb adjustment the last couple of weeks.

• 1 month later...

I’ve since got the Shee outside, with a 165 main , 48 pilot and the needle set on second clip from top.  Airscrew 1-1/2 turns, idle set, and carbs synced.

still have a terrible bog midrange between gears and the powerband is nowhere close to as powerful as before I added some goodies.  
I’m not sure what needle it has, are there other needles I need to be looking for/at or maybe just drop it another clip ?

im also running 100 octane LL with 21cc domes.